4-H empowers youth to reach their full potential working and learning in partnership with caring adults.
4-H is education for life that uses a learn-by-doing approach.
Active in all 93 counties and at 4h.unl.edu
4-H members who received special awards (awards, gifts, and rosettes) should be sure to send thank-you notes to their donors. Without their support, we would not be able to offer these special awards.
Be sure your child is enrolled in all project areas they wish to exhibit within at the Cedar County Fair. Go to 4HOnline ttps://v2.4honline.com and review with your child(ren) what project areas they are in and update as needed. Updates are to be completed by June 15th.
After you have completed updating your project area enrollment on 4HOnline, then it is time to specify what exhibits you plan to bring to the Cedar County Fair from within those project areas you signed up for. All events and exhibits you wish to take part in or bring to the fair must be listed on pre-entry forms. Fair static entry tags and livestock show orders will be made-up according to the information you provide on these forms. Clover Kid and Livestock pre-entry/ID forms are due to our office by June 15th. Pre-Entry forms for the Fashion Show and Pre-Fair Day exhibits are due June 21st. All other Static exhibits pre-entry forms are due by June 28. All pre-entry forms can be found on the "Cedar County Fair & Pre-Fair Resources" webpage.
All 4-H/FFA members enrolled in beef, bucket calf, feeder calf, cow/calf, dairy, goats, sheep, swine, rabbit, and/or poultry, must complete a Quality Assurance Training. We will hold a YQCA instructor led training on Tuesday, May 24 at 9:00 am and 1:00 pm, and June 7 at 9:00 am, at the Hartington City Auditorium Basement. There is a $3.00 fee for the 4-H instructor led training session. You will need to register online
Latest Updates from Statewide 4-H
- 4-H'ers strut their stuff on the State Fair runway
- Nebraska youth test their agronomy knowledge at Crop Scouting Competition
- Fifty-two youth receive Member of Excellence distinctions
- Twenty-two youth set to compete at 4-H Shooting Sports National Championships
- Fifteen youth selected as delegates for National 4-H Congress
- 4-H volunteers receive state-level awards
- Nebraska 4-H'ers attend 89th National 4-H Conference
- Walbrecht earns Nebraska 4-H Gives Back Award for providing a sense of belonging in the show ring