4-H empowers youth to reach their full potential working and learning in partnership with caring adults.
4-H is education for life that uses a learn-by-doing approach.
Active in all 93 counties and at 4h.unl.edu
Check out these 2022 4-H Workshops:
Space is Limited on most of these workshops, so call early!
Looking for learning opportunities you can do from home? Nebraska 4-H is now offering a variety of virtual learning experiences, such as Living Room Learning (Tuesdays & Thursdays) and Boredom Buster Challenges (Mondays & Wednesdays). For more learning opportunities you can do from home visit https://4h.unl.edu/virtual-home-learning.
4-H members were encouraged to apply for the 2020-2021 National Western Stock Show (NWSS) Catch-A-Calf Program. One of our Knox County 4-H’ers, Layci Condon from Creighton, decided to accept the challenge and apply for the chance to show a steer at the NWSS. She was one of 40 youth selected from Nebraska, Wyoming, Colorado, and Kansas to participate in the Catch-A-Calf program held in Denver, CO on January 19. Layci entered the ring with her rope harness and had 3 minutes to run on foot and chase down a calf and drag it back to the holding pen.
Latest Updates from Statewide 4-H
- Lancaster County 4-H members earn Nebraska 4-H Gives Back Award for addressing local food insecurity
- Four teens appointed to 4-H Leadership Ambassador program
- Fed Steer Challenge cultivates next generation of cattle industry leaders
- 4-H'ers strut their stuff on the State Fair runway
- Nebraska youth test their agronomy knowledge at Crop Scouting Competition
- Fifty-two youth receive Member of Excellence distinctions
- Twenty-two youth set to compete at 4-H Shooting Sports National Championships
- Fifteen youth selected as delegates for National 4-H Congress