4-H empowers youth to reach their full potential working and learning in partnership with caring adults.
4-H is education for life that uses a learn-by-doing approach.
Active in all 93 counties and at 4h.unl.edu
Knox County 4-H
Looking for learning opportunities you can do from home? Nebraska 4-H is now offering a variety of virtual learning experiences, such as Living Room Learning (Tuesdays & Thursdays) and Boredom Buster Challenges (Mondays & Wednesdays). For more learning opportunities you can do from home visit https://4h.unl.edu/virtual-home-learning.
4-H members were encouraged to apply for the 2020-2021 National Western Stock Show (NWSS) Catch-A-Calf Program. One of our Knox County 4-H’ers, Layci Condon from Creighton, decided to accept the challenge and apply for the chance to show a steer at the NWSS. She was one of 40 youth selected from Nebraska, Wyoming, Colorado, and Kansas to participate in the Catch-A-Calf program held in Denver, CO on January 19. Layci entered the ring with her rope harness and had 3 minutes to run on foot and chase down a calf and drag it back to the holding pen.
Latest Updates from Statewide 4-H
- Nebraska 4-H delegates share their voice with federal officials
- Joelle Wacker's helps youth honor veterans through Quilts of Valor program
- 4-H Volunteers receive state-level recognition for their local contributions
- Micah Scholl helps youth take pride in their swine projects
- Sally B Bryner helps youth grow through horse program
- Nancy Lashley is a pillar in the Logan County 4-H Program
- Judy Rath builds community in rural cattle country
- Vrbka family builds a legacy through volunteering