We would like to announce that the UNL Livestock Judging Team will be coming to the Scotts Bluff County Fairgrounds on Feb 29, 2020 to host a judging clinic. We are super excited to extend this invitation to all 4-H and FFA members in the area.
4-H empowers youth to reach their full potential working and learning in partnership with caring adults.
4-H is education for life that uses a learn-by-doing approach.
Active in all 93 counties and at 4h.unl.edu
Nebraska Sheep and Goat Producers Association and Nebraska Extension are sponsoring the 2020 Lambing and Kidding School on January 25, 2020 in Chadron at the Chadron Fire Hall and Broken Bow at the Custer County Fairgrounds.
Participants will complete all Level 2 requirements (except for the riding skills test) by the end of the workshop!! Have expert help in finishing your demonstration, written report, feed chart, and written examination.
There are big changes this year for the Nebraska Cattlemen's Classic Livestock Judging Contest. The contest will be held on Saturday, February 15th, at the Buffalo County Fairgrounds in Kearney, NE, with an Awards Banquet that evening. The entire contest will take place in the Expo Building and Ag Pavilion.
The Livestock Classic will be following the same basic schedule as least year. The show will be separated into two days, with the Breeding Heifers showing on Friday, November 29, and the Market Animals on Saturday, November 30. The Specific Schedule is as follows:
- Doors will open at the Ag Complex at 2:00 p.m. on Thursday, November 28.
- Breeding Heifer check-in will be from 7:00 p.m.-9:00 p.m. on Thursday, November 28, and 8:00 a.m.-10:00 a.m. on Friday, November 29. The show will begin at 10:30 a.m. on Friday with showmanship, with the breed classes to follow.
Latest Updates from Statewide 4-H
- Now Accepting Applications for Omaha Fashion Week 4-H Collection
- 2019 Fed Steer Challenge Results
- Nebraska Livestock Judging Team Places at Nationals
- Now Accepting Volunteer Award Nominations
- Nebraska Youth to Participate in Virtual Statewide NYSD Event
- 2020 Enrollment Now Open!
- Nebraska 4-H Horticulture Team Places at National Competition