Market Livestock Youth for the Quality Care of Animals
Youth for the Quality Care of Animals (YQCA) training is required for all 4-H members showing RABBITS, POULTRY, BEEF, GOATS, SWINE OR SHEEP at County or State Fair. You must sign up for 4-H on 4honline at ne.4honline.com. Members have three options for receiving training.
- ONLINE:Complete three modules in the Youth for the Quality Care of Animals Online Course.Course instructions can be found at this website:http://4h.unl.edu/qualityassurance. To enroll in the self-directed online course, Internet access and an email address are required.(Each 4-H youth will need their own unique email address to register.)NOTE; There is a $12.00 fee to take the on-line course. Step by Step power point slides on how to sign up for YQCA can be found at this PDF link: "Getting Your YQCA Certification."
- LEADER LEAD TRAINING; There is a $3.00 fee for this training. Go to https://yqca.learngrow.io, use your 4honline login information. There will be a drop down box for you to select the child you want to register. You can only register one at a time! 4-H Extension Educator Sarah Paisley will be teaching the following dates:
- March 2, 2021 at 6:00p.m. at the Bayard High School
- March 21, 2021 at 3:00p.m. at the Prairie Winds Community Center
- TEST: This year Intermediate and Senior level youth may “Test Out” of YQCA for that age range. This is only available as an online option. Youth will get only one chance to take the test per age level. There is an additional fee associated with this option which is processed online after the test has been successfully completed. You will not be charged if the youth fails the test. You can find more information about YQCA at https://4h.unl.edu/yqca.
Members must be Quality Assurance certified by June 15 to be eligible to compete at the County Fair. No trainings will be held after June 15.
Contact the Extension Office with any questions 308-262-1022.