Market Livestock Youth for the Quality Care of Animals
Youth for the Quality Care of Animals (YQCA) training is required for all 4-H members showing RABBITS, POULTRY, BEEF, GOATS, SWINE OR SHEEP at County or State Fair. Members have three options for receiving training.
- ONLINE: Complete three modules in the Youth for the Quality Care of Animals Online Course. Course instructions can be found at this website: http://4h.unl.edu/qualityassurance. To enroll in the self-directed online course, Internet access and an email address are required. (Each 4-H youth will need their own unique email address to register.) NOTE: The Online QA system is now charging a $12 fee to complete the course online. Step by Step power point slides on how to sign up for YQCA can be found at this PDF link: "Getting Your YQCA Certification."
- LEADER LEAD TRAINING: Interim District 4-H Coordinator Sarah Paisley will be teaching the following dates:
- April 1, 2019 at 6:00p.m. at the Garden County Elementary
- April 7, 2019 at 6:00p.m. at the Deuel County Fairgrounds
- April 11, 2019 at 6:00p.m. at the Prairie Winds Community Center
- TEST: If you are an intermediate or senior (12 or older), you may be able to test out. If you pass the test, you do not have to attend training. This is not difficult! Contact the UNL Extension office for information about taking the test.
Members must be Quality Assurance certified by June 15 to be eligible to compete at the County Fair. No trainings will be held after June 15.
Contact the Extension Office with any questions 308-262-1022.