The Yonts Water Conference is full of information about water in the North Platte Valley of western Nebraska – how a huge surface-water irrigation project developed more than a century ago; the groundwater that it generates, now a major source of water for irrigation and other uses; how water is managed; and the 2020 outlook for water and weather during the crop season.
Population growth puts a greater stress on expanding yields for food, which still encouraging resource stewardship. To help meet this challenge, we share unbiased, research‐based information for a diversified agricultural audience.
Active in all 93 counties and at extension.unl.edu/croppingwater
Latest Updates from cropwatch.unl.edu
- Using Aerial Imagery to Help Determine the Impact of Cover Crops on Cash Crop Growth and Development
- Leading Farm and Ranch Employees Virtual Seminar Series to be Held in December
- Assessing Cover Crop Biomass Using Aerial Imagery: Lessons Learned During the Unl-nrcs Soil Health Initiative
- Nebraska Crop Progress and Condition for Oct. 11
- Extension Crop and Pest Reports (Oct. 12-16)
- Identifying Fall-emerging Weeds
- Corn, Soybean Harvest Continues Ahead of Normal
- New Series on Soybean Micronutrient Management in Southeast Nebraska