The Yonts Water Conference is full of information about water in the North Platte Valley of western Nebraska – how a huge surface-water irrigation project developed more than a century ago; the groundwater that it generates, now a major source of water for irrigation and other uses; how water is managed; and the 2020 outlook for water and weather during the crop season.
Population growth puts a greater stress on expanding yields for food, which still encouraging resource stewardship. To help meet this challenge, we share unbiased, research‐based information for a diversified agricultural audience.
Active in all 93 counties and at extension.unl.edu/croppingwater
Latest Updates from cropwatch.unl.edu
- Driver Liability for Farm and Ranch Operations
- #NField Observations for January 2021
- 2021 Land Application Training Shifts to Hybrid Learning
- Options in the Panhandle to Recertify Pesticide Applicator Licenses
- TAPS Awards Ceremony Moves to Virtual Platform
- TAPS Program Makes Plans for 2021, Including Change to Sorghum Competition
- Soils School to Feature Latest Strategies in Soil Management
- Extension Landlord-Tenant Cash Rent Workshops Rescheduled as Virtual Meetings