July 17 - July 25, 2020
Morrill County Fair 4-H Schedule
(schedule subject to change)
Pre-Fair Entry Forms due July 6th
Enroll for the 2021 Special Garden Project through 4-H Online.
Contact the Nebraska Extension Office and let them know how many seed packets you need. If you do not contact your local Extension Office, seeds might not be available for you. The county office will order seeds as a county unit then distribute them to the members.
This project is open to all youth of 4-H age and it will give them the opportunity to learn about growing, harvesting, and exhibiting this unique vegetable.
The Special Gardening Project lets 4-H members try their hand at growing unusual vegetables and flowers. The project allows experienced 4-H gardeners to grow something fun, new, and different while letting those new to gardening get their feet wet in this project area.
4-H members enrolled in the Special Garden Project will:
- Receive a ‘packet’ of seeds (one packet per youth) in March/April
- Review regular project newsletters and resources as they become available. These materials will help guide you through the project experiences, solve problems, and prepare your projects for exhibition.
- Be able to exhibit this unique flower at County and State Fair:
- State Fair Special Garden Project Educational Exhibit Class G-775-001
- State Fair Special Garden Project Fresh Cut Flowers or Harvested Vegetables G-775-002
- Other fun county only ways to exhibit this unique flower like a story, poem, or poster. Each county is different so be sure to check with your local Extension Office.
- Complete an evaluation about their growing experience.
County Fair Animal Ownership Affidavits
The Adobe Acrobat Reader is required to view and print. The Adobe Acrobat Reader is a free download.
Livestock ID Sheets are due into the extension office June 1st.