July 21 - July 28, 2018
Morrill County Fair 4-H/FFA Schedule (pdf 1 pg)
The Special Garden Project is a way to offer 4-H members the chance to grow unusual and fun projects in their gardens. Last year over 1075 4-H members were enrolled in the project. This year the Special Garden Project is focused on the unique, Delft Blue Nigella. Delft Blue Nigella is named for the famous Dutch Delft blue pottery. They have unique, 1½ - 2" flowers with blue splashes on flower petals in varying shades of blue and gray, and intricate deep-purple centers. Unusual seed pods are also used in fresh or dried arrangements. On average it will take about 65-70 days from seeding date until the plant flowers and about 80-85 days for seed pods.
4-H members enrolled in the Special Garden Project will:
- Receive a ‘packet’ of Delft Blue Nigella (one packet per youth) in March/April
- Receive a newsletter about:
- Planting & growing nigella
- Nigella problems & insects
- Harvesting & using nigella
- Be able to exhibit this unique flower at County and State Fair
- State Fair Special Garden Project Educational Exhibit Class G-775-001
- State Fair Special Garden Project Fresh Cut Flowers or Harvested Vegetables G-775-002 NEW
- Other fun county only ways to exhibit this unique flower like a story, poem, or poster. Each county is different so be sure to check with your local Extension Office.
- Complete an evaluation about their growing experience: https://go.unl.edu/delftbluenigella
Youth should enroll for the Special Garden Project through 4-H Online. Once enrolled in 4-H Online, youth are then supposed to call their local office to sign up for the project (order the seeds). By enrolling through 4-H Online, youth will have access to the box folder with the educational materials including the growing newsletter & evaluation.
2018 Photography Theme
2017 Morrill County Fairbook
The web version of the Morrill County Fairbook is in PDF documents. The Adobe Acrobat Reader is required to view and print these documents. The Adobe Acrobat Reader is a free download.
Rules and Regulations (pdf, 7 pgs)
Department A - Heritage, Citizenship (pdf, 3 pgs)
Department B - Comunication & Expressive Arts (pdf, 7 pgs)
Department C - Clothing and Fashion Show (pdf, 5 pgs)
Department C - Consumer Management (pdf, 2 pgs)
Department C - Home Environment and Quilt Quest (pdf, 6 pgs)
Department C - Human Development (pdf, 2 pgs)
Department D - Conservation and Wildlife Management (pdf, 3 pgs)
Department D - Environmental Education and Earth Science (pdf, 5 pgs)
Department D - Shooting Sports (pdf, 2 pgs)
Department D - Dog (pdf, 2 pgs)
Department E - Foods (pdf, 6 pgs)
Department E - Safety (pdf, 2 pgs)
Department F - Entrepreneurship (pdf, 2 pgs)
Department G - Field Crops & Weeds (pdf, 2 pgs)
Department G - Horse (pdf, 2 pgs)
Department G - Horticulture and Floriculture (pdf, 6 pgs)
Department G - Large Livestock (pdf, 4 pgs)
Department G - Small Animal (pdf, 4 pgs)
Department H - Entomology and Vet Science (pdf, 2 pgs)
Department H - Aerospace, Robotics, Electricity, Wood Science, Welding (pfd, 9 pgs)
Department I - Clover Kids (pdf, 3 pgs)
County Fair Animal Ownership Affidavits
The Adobe Acrobat Reader is required to view and print these documents. The Adobe Acrobat Reader is a free download.
Livestock ID Sheets are due into the extension office June 1st.