YQCA Certificate Required for ALL 4-H & FFA Livestock Exhibitors
ALL 4-H & FFA livestock exhibitors (Dairy, Beef, Sheep, Swine, Goat, Llama & Alpaca, Poultry & Rabbit) are required to complete YQCA certification by June 15. Youth who do not complete there certification by the deadline are ineligible to show at the Gage County Fair. No late certificates accepted.
Options for YQCA Certification: YQCA Website
Face to Face Training
- $3.00, ONLINE PRE-REGISTRATION REQUIRED
- Instructor led YQCA training registration instructions
Gage County YQCA Training Dates
- Saturday, March 7 | 2:00 p.m. | Gage County Extension Office Meeting Room
- Saturday, April 18 | 10:00 a.m. | Gage County Extension Office Meeting Room
- Saturday, May 9 | 2:00 p.m. | Gage County Extension Office Meeting Room
- Wednesday, June 3 | 5:30 p.m. | Gage County Extension Office Meeting Room
- $12.00 per youth
- Select course based on 4-H age (as of Jan. 1 of current year)
- 4-H members use the same login as 4-H Online
- FFA members use the independent sign in
- Getting Your YQCA Web-Based Certification Instructions
Livestock ID sheets are due at the Extension Office by June 15; June 1 (Horse). Late ID sheets will be subject to no premium at the Gage County Fair. Revised for 2020.
Gage County Fair & Expo Online Entry Website
Online entry is required for ALL LIVESTOCK EXHIBITS for the Gage County Fair. No paper entries accepted.
Livestock exhibitors will be automatically entered into showmanship contests, no online entry needs to be made. Exhibitors are not required to participate in showmanship and should notify the Extension Office during check-in if they DO NOT want to participate.
Online entry deadline: July 15, 5:00pm. No late entries accepted.
State Fair Livestock ID Requirements
DNA & Nomination Deadline: June 15 (April 15 - Market Beef)
Online Livestock Entry Deadline: August 10, 5:00 pm. (Must be entered by 4-H member/family)
**Nebraska State Fair Age Requirement for Livestock: 4-H member must be 10 years of age as of January 1, of the current year.