Palmar Amaranth has become a troublesome weed to control in Gage, Jefferson and Saline Counties as well as other areas of Nebraska. Watch the recorded video below for more information.
Population growth puts a greater stress on expanding yields for food, which still encouraging resource stewardship. To help meet this challenge, we share unbiased, research‐based information for a diversified agricultural audience.
Active in all 93 counties and at extension.unl.edu/croppingwater
Register for upcoming Land Applicator Training. Farmers or manure haulers that need to be certified or simply want to learn more on how to interpret manure sample tests should sign up.
February 26, Saline County Extension Office, Wilber
Join us for an upcoming meeting - So, You've Inherited a Farm, Now What? on Thursday, August 30, 2018 at the Gage County Extension Office, 1115 W Scott Street, Beatrice. Meeting is form 1:00-4:00 pm.
Guest speakers include Allan Vyhnalek, Extension Educator, Farm Succession and Jim Jansen, Extension Educator, Agricultural Economist.
Latest Updates from cropwatch.unl.edu
- Agronomy Youth Field Day August 7 in Curtis
- Strategies for Handling Wheat Grain Affected by Fusarium Head Blight
- Using Symptom Distribution to Identify Problems and Guide Management
- Prevented Planting and Cover Crops
- Industrial Hemp Production in Nebraska
- Does Your Corn Need Added Nitrogen? On-farm Research can Help Evaluate the Need
- Looking Back at Corn Planting Progress and Fieldwork Day Records: 1996 -2019
- Soybean Gall Midge Emergence Update in Nebraska