Palmar Amaranth has become a troublesome weed to control in Gage, Jefferson and Saline Counties as well as other areas of Nebraska. Watch the recorded video below for more information.
Population growth puts a greater stress on expanding yields for food, which still encouraging resource stewardship. To help meet this challenge, we share unbiased, research‐based information for a diversified agricultural audience.
Active in all 93 counties and at extension.unl.edu/croppingwater
Register for upcoming Land Applicator Training. Farmers or manure haulers that need to be certified or simply want to learn more on how to interpret manure sample tests should sign up.
February 26, Saline County Extension Office, Wilber
Join us for an upcoming meeting - So, You've Inherited a Farm, Now What? on Thursday, August 30, 2018 at the Gage County Extension Office, 1115 W Scott Street, Beatrice. Meeting is form 1:00-4:00 pm.
Guest speakers include Allan Vyhnalek, Extension Educator, Farm Succession and Jim Jansen, Extension Educator, Agricultural Economist.
Latest Updates from cropwatch.unl.edu
- Market Your Crop Residue Using the Crop Residue Exchange
- Nebraska Crops Maturing Ahead of Averages
- Woolly Bears in Late Maturing Soybean Fields
- USDA Nebraska Crop Production Forecast
- Seeding Rates for Broadcasting Cover Crops Into Late-season Corn and Soybean
- Extension Crop and Pest Reports (Sept. 14-18)
- Harvest Aid Herbicide Options in Soybean
- 2020 Corn Yield Forecasts: End-of-season Forecasts Suggest Near-average Yields for the Region