ProHort Education is available to garden center employees, green industry professionals and anyone wanting to obtain in-depth information on landscaping, garden maintenance, and lawn care.
- Nebraska Extension in Douglas-Sarpy Counties
- 8015 West Center Road 68124
- Entire Course:: $160 for entire course. This includes handouts. At this time there are not academic books related to the program.
- Per-session: $40 one-day session. $20 per half-day session (please indicate morning or afternoon).
2023 ProHort Education Schedule
|Date | Time||Topic||Instructor|
|Feb. 10 | 10 a.m. - Noon||Intro to Fruit Trees||Vaughn Hammond, Pomologist|
|Feb. 10 | 1 p.m. - 3 p.m.||Intro to Vegetable Gardening||Carol Waters, Commercial Fruit & Vegetable Production, Nebraska Extension in Cass Co.|
|Feb. 24 | 10 a.m. - Noon||Tree Basics *||Graham Herbst, Community Forester - Nebraska Forest Service|
|Feb. 24 | 1 p.m. - 3 p.m.||Shrubs *||Bob Henrickson, Horticulture Program Coordinator, Nebraska Statewide Arboretum|
|Mar. 10 | 10 a.m. - Noon||Intro to Perennials||Scott Evans, Horticulture Program Coordinator, Nebraska Extension in Douglas-Sarpy Co.|
|Mar. 10 | 1 p.m. - 3 p.m.||Intro to Entomology *||Jody Green, Urban Entomologist Nebraska Extension in Douglas-Sarpy Counties|
|Mar. 24 | 10 a.m. - Noon||Integrated Pest Management *||Jody Green, Urban Entomologist Nebraska Extension in Douglas-Sarpy Counties|
|Mar. 31||Make-up day for classes cancelled|
|Jun. 16 | 1 p.m. - 4 p.m.||Plant Pathology & Lab||Kyle Broderick, Plant & Pest Diagnostic Extension Educator|
* These classes have been approved for ISA and NAA CEU’s.
Topics are subject to change. Snow policy – If Omaha Public Schools cancel classes be prepared to mov to on-line class. Check your email for further information.