Do YOU enjoy animals? Do YOU have pets? Do YOU have an interest in veterinary science? If YOU answered yes, then Animal Science Projects are for you.
Here YOU can discover how to select and care for a show animal. YOU can learn how to train your companion animal and even how to identify basic animal diseases and MUCH MORE!
Going to the Sarpy County or Nebraska State Fair? Find all your animal project information, project entry forms, animal ID documents, and other important information and resources to successfully plan and prepare for your fair experience on our Sarpy County & Nebraska State Fairs webpage.
Choose an area to discover many different 4-H projects and learn about related careers, college majors, and other resources.
Animal Science Projects:
- Companion Animal (including cats)
- Dairy Cattle
- Veterinary Science
- 2018 Douglas-Sarpy 4-H Livestock Guide
- 2018 4-H State Fair/AKSARBEN Animal Identification Requirements
- 2018 4-H Animal Exhibitor Handbook
4-H Horse Program
The 4-H Horse Program offers opportunities to youth interested in learning about horsemanship and animal husbandry. Click here to learn more about the Nebraska 4-H Horse Program.
Youth for the Quality Care of Animals
Youth for the Quality Care of Animals (YQCA) is a national multi-species quality assurance program focused on three core pillars: food safety, animal well-being, and character development. Nebraska 4-H requires all youth enrolled in livestock projects to complete annual quality assurance certification through YQCA. Click here to learn more about the Quality Care of Animals (YQCA).
4-H Companion Animal Program
The 4-H Companion Animal Program offers resources and educational programs to youth interested in learning more about caring for companion animals. Click here to learn more about the Nebraska 4-H Companion Animal Program.
- How to Show Your Cat in 4-H
- Selecting a Rabbit
- Rabbit Breeds for Beginners
- General Rabbit Nutrition
- How to Prepare a Rabbit First Aid Kit
- Preparing Your Rabbit for Show
- Preparing a Rabbit Showmanship Routine
- How to Show in the 4-H Companion Animal Show
- County Fair Scoresheets
- State Fair Scoresheets
- G1960 Pet Foods: How to Read Labels
- Lancaster County 4-H Rabbit Information
- American Rabbit Breeders Association
- Oxbow Hay
- Nebraska Herpetological Society
- Nebraska Reptiles and Amphibians