Do YOU enjoy animals? Do YOU have pets? Do YOU have an interest in veterinary science? If YOU answered yes, then Animal Science Projects are for you.
Here YOU can discover how to select and care for a show animal. YOU can learn how to train your companion animal and even how to identify basic animal diseases and MUCH MORE!
Going to the Sarpy County or Nebraska State Fair? Find all your animal project information, project entry forms, animal ID documents, and other important information and resources to successfully plan and prepare for your fair experience on our Sarpy County & Nebraska State Fairs webpage.
Choose an area to discover many different 4-H projects and learn about related careers, college majors, and other resources.
Animal Science Projects:
- Companion Animal (including cats)
- Dairy Cattle
- Veterinary Science
- 2018 Douglas-Sarpy 4-H Livestock Guide
- 2018 4-H State Fair/AKSARBEN Animal Identification Requirements
- 2018 4-H Animal Exhibitor Handbook
4-H Horse Program
The 4-H Horse Program offers opportunities to youth interested in learning about horsemanship and animal husbandry. Click here to learn more about the Nebraska 4-H Horse Program.Additional Information:
- 2018 Nebraska District 4-H Horse Shows (All entries are due Friday, May 11, 2018)
Livestock Quality Assurance RequirementDownload LQA Online Instructions
4-H members enrolled in market beef, market sheep, swine, dairy goats, meat goats, dairy cattle, poultry or rabbits are required to complete livestock quality assurance (LQA). One option for completing LQA is by participating in the online course. To attain LQA completion through the online course, you must complete three new modules with an 80% or better. Modules are designed for different age levels and have species specific content, so you can pick three modules at your age level that you are interested in learning about this year. The online course is designed to be mobile friendly. Cost is $5.
Horse & Livestock Meeting Powerpoints
These are narrated presentations; click on the play button at the bottom of each slide to hear the audio.
4-H Companion Animal Program
The 4-H Companion Animal Program offers resources and educational programs to youth interested in learning more about caring for companion animals. Click here to learn more about the Nebraska 4-H Companion Animal Program.
- How to Show Your Cat in 4-H
- Selecting a Rabbit
- Rabbit Breeds for Beginners
- General Rabbit Nutrition
- How to Prepare a Rabbit First Aid Kit
- Preparing Your Rabbit for Show
- Preparing a Rabbit Showmanship Routine
- How to Show in the 4-H Companion Animal Show
- County Fair Scoresheets
- State Fair Scoresheets
- G1960 Pet Foods: How to Read Labels
- Lancaster County 4-H Rabbit Information
- American Rabbit Breeders Association
- Oxbow Hay
- Nebraska Herpetological Society
- Nebraska Reptiles and Amphibians