Initial Training and Testing
Commercial and non-commercial pesticide training will take place at the Douglas County office. All attendees MUST register online at pested.unl.eduprior to the date of training. Registration will be active January 1, 2024. Training will take place in the meeting rooms at 8:30 AM at the Douglas County Central Office at 8015 W. Center Rd., Omaha, NE 68124. Seating is limited to 75, so please register and pay online. The cost is $95. (There is the option of online training for $80).
If you do not already have a Nebraska Pesticide Applicators License OR your license has expired, you will need to take the INITIAL TRAINING AND TESTING on the following dates:
- February 6, 2024 (Tu): General Standards 00, Forest 03, Turf & Ornamental 04, Seed Treatment 06, Structural 08, WDO 08W
- March 7, 2024 (Tu): General Standards 00, Turf & Ornamental 04, Aquatic 05, Right-of-way 07, Public Health 09, Wildlife 14
If you are licensed applicator with an unexpired certification, the dates for RECERTIFICATION CLASSES will be on the following dates:
- February 22, 2024 (Th): General Standards 00, Turf & Ornamental 04, Structural 08, WDO 08W, Public Health 09, Wildlife 14
- March 5, 2024 (Tu): General Standards 00, Turf & Ornamental 04, Aquatic 05, Right-of-way 07, Structural 08, WDO 08W
- April 2, 2024 (Tu): General Standards 00, Turf & Ornamental 04, Right-of-way 07, Public Health 09, Fumigation 11
Our office is just the location of the training. The Pesticide Safety Education Program (PSEP) is responsible for providing the training and study materials and online registration process. For assistance with PSEP materials or questions about registration, please contact: 402-472-1632 or go to their website at pested.unl.edu.
For questions about licenses, requirements, or testing results, please contact the Nebraska Department of Agriculture (NDA): 402-471-2351.
If you have done the initial training and only need to take the test(s)s. There are specific dates where there is no training, but an NDA inspector is present to administer tests from 9AM – 2PM. There is no charge and pre-registration is not required.
Remaining 2023 TESTING DATES:
- November 9, 2023
- December 14, 2023
2024 Dates TBD