4-H empowers youth to reach their full potential working and learning in partnership with caring adults.
4-H is education for life that uses a learn-by-doing approach.
Active in all 93 counties and at 4h.unl.edu
The Dawson County 4-H Public Speaking Contest will be held Monday, March 6, 2023 at the Dawson County Extension Building. Entry cards are due in the Extension Office by February 10, 2023. It is a state requirement that you be enrolled in 4-H prior to the Speech Contest or any 4-H Activity.
The Illustrated Presentation Contest and Video Communication Contest is set for Monday, April 3, 2023 at the Dawson County Extension Office Meeting Room.
An Illustrated Presentation is a live presentation with a formal talk where youth will use visual aids to show and tell others how to do something.
The Video Communication Contest allows youth to create a multimedia video around a theme related to 4-H.
Latest Updates from Statewide 4-H
- Lancaster County 4-H members earn Nebraska 4-H Gives Back Award for addressing local food insecurity
- Four teens appointed to 4-H Leadership Ambassador program
- Fed Steer Challenge cultivates next generation of cattle industry leaders
- 4-H'ers strut their stuff on the State Fair runway
- Nebraska youth test their agronomy knowledge at Crop Scouting Competition
- Fifty-two youth receive Member of Excellence distinctions
- Twenty-two youth set to compete at 4-H Shooting Sports National Championships
- Fifteen youth selected as delegates for National 4-H Congress