2019 Dawson County 4-H Scholarships
These are a list of the Dawson County Scholarships available:
Martha & Don Romeo Scholarhsip - Applications due December 1, 2018
Harold & Virginia Stevens Scholarship - Applications due January 15, 2019
State 4-H Scholarships - Applications due January 15, 2019
The Nebraska 4-H Foundation supports 4-H in many ways, including scholarships. Scholarship applications are due January 15. All scholarship applications must be submitted via the Annual Achievement Application.
- Donna Wampler Endowed Scholarship
- Orscheln Industries Foundation Scholarship
- Murdoch's Ranch & Home Supply Scholarship
- The 4-H Legacy Scholarship
- Rose and Guy Richard McDonald Scholarship
- Kimberly Family 4-H Scholarship
- Horse Scholarships:
- Grand Island Saddle Club
- R.B. Warren 4-H Horse Educational Scholarship
- Ron and Rita Horst Citizenship Scholarship
Scott & Rhonda Russman 4-H Livestock Scholarship - Applications due March 1, 2019
Larry F. Reed 4-H Legacy Scholarship - Applications due March 1, 2019
Keith White Family 4-H Scholarship - Applications due March 1, 2019
Nebraska WIFE Cynthia Thomsen Scholarship - Application due March 1, 2019
One-year scholarships are available to any woman living in Nebraska who will begin their SECOND YEAR OR ABOVE at a college or technical school in a field related to agriculture.
Jarvis Memorial Scholarship - Applications due March 15, 2019
4-H Travel Scholarship Available - Application due August 1.
* Reed Family State Fair & Ak-Sar-Ben 4-H Travel Scholarship - This scholarship is sponsored by Jim & TeAnne Reed & family to provide financial assistance to 4-H'ers exhibiting live animals at the Nebraska State Fair and/or the Ak-Sar-Ben Stock Show. Five $100 scholarships will be given per year based largely on financial need. Only one scholarship per person may be won per year. 4-H'ers may win another in succeeding years, but preference is given to those who have not previously won the scholarship.