Sarah Sivits, UNL Extension Educator, has released the following information in regard to both pesticide and chemigation trainings and certifications for 2021.
Due to the pandemic, chemigation trainings will look different in 2021. UNL is complying with local health district guidelines to ensure the safety of our participants and presenters at local in-person trainings. What does this mean for you?
The following is required for the 2021 training season:
1) Pre-registration required (NO EXCEPTIONS THIS YEAR). Please call at least three days prior to the meeting to reserve your spot.
2) RSVP with your name, phone number, and/or email address where we can reach you. RSVP to the Dawson County Extension Office at 308-324-5501.
3) Maximum capacity is 25 for social distancing purposes.
4) Masks are highly encouraged; please bring your mask with you. (Follow local health district guidelines.)
5) Bring a writing utensil (pen or pencil).
If the county COVID risk dial is in “Red,” we will not host an in-person meeting. If the meeting is canceled due to COVID restrictions or inclement weather, we will contact those who pre-registered.
For Chemigators, if you are not comfortable attending an in-person training in 2021, both initial and recertifying chemigators can opt to complete the online training and test on the website listed in the letter.
For Pesticide Applicators, please refer to the "Additional ways to renew your pesticide certification" section in the pesticide letter (see link below) or contact your local Extension Office for more certification options.
We apologize for the inconvenience. It has been a difficult learning year for everyone. Our goal is to provide timely information to our producers in as safe a manner as possible. Thank you for understanding.
All Dawson County Trainings will be located at the Dawson County Extension Office Meeting Room in Lexington.
|Date||Pesticide Private Applicator||Chemigation|
|Tuesday, February 2||9:00 a.m. - noon|
|Tuesday, February 2||1:30 - 4:30 p.m.|
|Thursday, February 11||9:00 a.m. - noon||1:30 - 4:30|
|Tuesday, March 2||9:00 a.m. - noon||1:30 - 4:30|
|Tuesday, March 9||9:00 a.m. - noon|
|Tuesday, March 9||1:30 - 4:30 p.m.|