4-H empowers youth to reach their full potential working and learning in partnership with caring adults.
4-H is education for life that uses a learn-by-doing approach.
Active in all 93 counties and at 4h.unl.edu
Sunday, July 31st, 20224-H Cat Show (Location: Thurston, NE) 1:30PM Household Pets/Small Animals Show (Location: Thurston, NE) 3:30PM 4-H Dog Show (Location: Thurston, NE) 5:00PM
Wednesday, August 3rd, 2022
Nebraska 4-H is excited to announce the second year of the Nebraska 4-H Livestock Achievement Program. This additional opportunity for enrolled livestock project youth, is designed to promote all educational aspects of 4-H livestock projects including selection, production, leadership, and exhibition by recognizing youth striving to improve in their livestock project knowledge and leadership.
The program recognizes Members of Excellence across all 4-H livestock project areas, including: beef, sheep, meat goat, swine, dairy cattle, dairy goat, rabbit, and poultry.
Livestock Quality assurance is required for all 4-H exhibitors that will be showing a meat animal (beef, sheep, goat, swine, rabbit and poultry) at county fair, state fair and Ak-Sar-Ben. YOUTH FOR THE QUALITY CARE OF ANIMALS. Register for the classes at yqca.learngrow.io
Latest Updates from Statewide 4-H
- Fifteen youth selected as delegates for National 4-H Congress
- 4-H volunteers receive state-level awards
- Nebraska 4-H'ers attend 89th National 4-H Conference
- Walbrecht earns Nebraska 4-H Gives Back Award for providing a sense of belonging in the show ring
- Sump earns Nebraska 4-H Gives Back Award for lake clean-up project
- +YD Intern Spotlight - Alyssa Neff
- +YD Intern Spotlight - William Wilton
- +YD Intern Spotlight - Hailey Olberding