The 4-H Youth Development Program of the University of Nebraska-Lincoln is an informal, practical, learn-by-doing educational program for boys and girls ages 5 to 18. Your child can enroll as a club member by starting their own 4-H club with a few friends or family members, by joining an existing club, by enrolling as an independent member.
2022 4-H Calendar
- April 9 - 4-H Kickoff Event, 2-4 PM
- April 18 - Public Speaking Contest Registration DUE
- April 24 - Public Speaking Contest, Fort Calhoun High School, 2 PM
- May 6 - District/State Horse ID & Entries (Online) DUE
- May 30 - Summer Workshop Registration DUE
- June 15 - County & State Enrollment Deadline
- Youth Enrollment
- Volunteer & Leader Enrollment
- County Livestock & Horse ID Sheets
- YQCA Training
- State Fair Online Nominations & DNA Envelopes
- Pizza Stand Applications
- July 11 - WCF Pre-Entries DUE
- July 15 - Horsemanship Level Advancements for WCF DUE
- July 23 - Washington County Fair Contest Day
- July 29 - August 3 - Washington County Fair
- August 10 - Nebraska State Fair Registration Due
- August 26 - September 5 - Nebraska State Fair
- TBA - Achievement Celebration
Online Youth Member and Adult Volunteer Enrollment for Nebraska 4-H
The annual 4-H membership year runs from October 1–September 30. All 4-H Youth Member and Adult Volunteer enrollments will be submitted through 4Honline beginning October 17. When using the online enrollment PLEASE USE CHROME OR FIREFOX. Internet Explorer does not complete the process.
- To enroll in the Washington County 4-H program visit https://v2.4honline.com.
- One question regarding life threatening allergies is required to proceed. All other questions are still optional.
- Enrollment instructions here: https://4h.unl.edu/enroll
- If you have questions about accessing or updating the 4HOnline enrollment, please contact the Washington County Extension Office at 402-426-9455.
- While 4-H membership is available throughout the year, to be eligible to participate in the Washington County Fair or the Nebraska State Fair enrollment is due by June 15. Therefore, when using the 4HOnline enrollment after June 15, you will NOT be able to select from the project area.
- Interested in becoming a 4-H leader? Contact our office with all your questions.
4-H curriculum can be ordered from these links: