The 4-H Youth Development Program of the University of Nebraska-Lincoln is an informal, practical, learn-by-doing educational program for boys and girls ages 5 to 18. Your child can enroll as a club member by starting their 4-H club with a few friends or family members, joining an existing club, or enrolling as an independent member.
2023 4-H Calendar
- February - Nebraska 4-H Month
- February 13 - Volunteer Training, Extension Office 6:30 pm
- March 6 -Horse Stampede Registration DUE
- March 23 - Horse Stampede, Lincoln
- March 23 - Public Speaking Contest Registration DUE
- March 30 - Public Speaking Contest
- April 28-30 - Lend-a-Hand Days
- June 1 - State Horse Show Online Registration DUE
- June 15 - County & State Enrollment Deadline
- Youth Enrollment
- Volunteer & Leader Enrollment
- County Livestock & Horse ID Sheets
- YQCA Training
- State Fair Online Nominations & DNA Envelopes
- Pizza Stand Applications
- June 21-23 - PASE, Premier Communications Event
- July 10 - WCF Pre-Entries DUE
- July 12 - Committee Meetings
- July 12-19 - Fremont 4-H Expo
- July 14 - Horsemanship Level Advancements for WCF DUE
- July 15-19 - State Horse Show
- July 22 - Washington County Fair Contest Day
- July 28 - August 2 - Washington County Fair
- August 10 - Nebraska State Fair Registration Due
- August 25 - September 4 - Nebraska State Fair
- October 2-6 - National 4-H Week
- November 19 - Achievement Celebration
Online Youth Member and Adult Volunteer Enrollment for Nebraska 4-H
The annual 4-H membership year runs from October 1–September 30. All 4-H Youth Member and Adult Volunteer enrollments will be submitted through 4Honline beginning October 17. When using the online enrollment PLEASE USE CHROME OR FIREFOX. Internet Explorer does not complete the process.
- To enroll in the Washington County 4-H program, visit https://v2.4honline.com.
- One question regarding life-threatening allergies is required to proceed. All other questions are still optional.
- Enrollment instructions here: 4-H Online Enrollment Instruction Folder
- If you have questions about accessing or updating the 4HOnline enrollment, please contact the Washington County Extension Office at 402-426-9455.
- While 4-H membership is available throughout the year, to be eligible to participate in the Washington County Fair or the Nebraska State Fair, enrollment is due by June 15. Therefore, when using the 4HOnline enrollment after June 15, you will NOT be able to select from the project area.
- Interested in becoming a 4-H leader? Contact our office with all your questions.
4-H curriculum can be ordered from these links: