4-H empowers youth to reach their full potential working and learning in partnership with caring adults.
4-H is education for life that uses a learn-by-doing approach.
Active in all 93 counties and at 4h.unl.edu
The University of Nebraska-Lincoln Extension 4-H Volunteer Activity Application process includes a volunteer screening. All volunteers and staff who work directly with youth are required to complete the volunteer screening. Be assured the volunteer screening process is confidential.
Volunteers are screened in order to ensure a safe, positive and nurturing environment for all youth involved with Nebraska 4-H programs and provide protection for the child, volunteer, educator, 4-H Council, Extension Board, and UNL Extension.
Latest Updates from Statewide 4-H
- New awards program honors outstanding 4-H volunteers across Nebraska
- Week of the Volunteer Lunch & Learn registration now open
- Project of the Year Kits now available
- Big Red Camp registration now open
- Youth in Action Awards applications are open
- New 4-H livestock opportunities at the 2021 Nebraska State Fair
- Volunteer recognition nominations are now open
- Celebrate Nebraska 4-H Month throughout February