2022 Beef Weigh-In
The Nemaha County Beef Weigh-In will be Saturday, January 29, 2022, from 9:00-11:00 am at the Auburn Vet Clinic. In case of bad weather the Alternate Weigh-In date will be Saturday, Febuary 5, 2022.
Livestock ID Tags & Affidavits
Below is information regarding ID Tags & Affidavits. What does your animal need to be exhibited at the Nemaha County Fair? Where and when can you get the ID tag? When are ID Affidavits due? Please read carefully. Some species will be tagged by staff, others will be tagged by family, and some will need to be verified. FFA members should use the forms on this page: Nemaha County FFA Forms
- Market Beef - Were tagged at Weigh-In
- Breeding Beef - Tattoo required
- Bucket, Suckling & Feeder Calves - 4-H families will tag their own calves by June 15th. Tags must be picked up at the Extension Office.
Breeding Beef (Fillable PDF, 2 pgs, 479 KB) - Due June 15th
Bucket Calf (Fillable PDF, 2 pgs, 198 KB) - Due June 15th
Bucket Calf Record Sheet (PDF, 2 pgs, 91 KB)
Feeder Calf (Fillable PDF, 2 pgs, 276 KB) - Due June 15th
Suckling Calf (Fillable PDF, 2 pgs, 450 KB) - Due June 15th
Market Beef (Fillable PDF, 2 pgs, 472 KB) - Due April 15th
- No ear tags or tattoos required.
- Affidavits - Due May 1st
Horse ID (Fillable PDF, 2 pgs, 135 KB)
SHEEP & MEAT GOATS
- All sheep and goats will use the official USDA Scrapie ID Tag for identification.
Goats - Due June 15th
Breeding Goat (Fillable PDF, 2 pgs 522 KB)
Dairy Goat (Fillable PDF, 2 pgs, 694 KB)
Market Goat (Fillable PDF, 2 pgs, 176 KB)
Sheep - Due June 15th
Breeding Sheep (Fillable PDF, 2 pgs 482 KB)
Market Lamb (Fillable PDF, 2 pgs, 151 KB)
- 4-H families will tag their own swine by June 11th. Tags must be picked up at the Extension Office.
- Swine tags will need to be verified by JUNE 11. Swine tag verification will happen by photos this year. Please have a picture with the tag number FULLY visible and the entire hog as well. If needing to take more than one photoe of the same hog, that is fine. Please send photos to Elizabeth (firstname.lastname@example.org) by June 11th
- Affidavit - Due June 15th
Swine (Market) (Fillable PDF, 2 pgs, 242 KB)
RABBITS & POULTRY
4-H members who plan to exhibit in any of the following projects – swine, beef, sheep, dairy, meat goat, dairy goat, rabbits and/or poultry will need to have completed Quality Assurance Certification on or before June 15, 2021. Certification will be done through the YQCA (Youth for the Quality Care of Animals) online course. It is found at yqca.learngrow.io. The cost for YQCA is $12 per youth. Again this year the 4-H council has purchased coupons for 4-H members to use! You will not need to use a personal credit card and carry the expense until you receive your premium check. You will need to get coupon codes by calling or emailing the Nemaha County Extension Office. (If you choose not to use a coupon, the expense will NOT be covered by the Council.) More instructions are available at: YQCA Online Course Instructions.
Nebraska 4-H YQCA Website contains additional information regarding Quality Assurance training.
State Fair & Aksarben Information
- MARKET BEEF, SHEEP, SWINE, MEAT GOATS & FEEDER CALVES: Market beef, swine and feeder calves must be tagged with an EID tag. Market sheep and meat goats use USDA Scrapie tag number for ID (breeder supplies these). Submit DNA Sample to the Extension Office. Submit animal information and payment ($7 per animal) into online AKSARBEN livestock database. For help with the online nomination go to: Step-by-Step Nomination Instructions
- Once an animal is tagged with an EID tag it cannot be cut out. This is illegal.
- Exhibitors of 4-H & FFA market animals (beef, swine, sheep, and goat) at the State Fair are required to have a Premises ID number. A Premise ID number can be obtained through the NE Department of Agriculture at no cost to the exhibitor. Exhibitors without a Premises Identification number will not be allowed to exhibit at the Nebraska State Fair. See information below.
- BREEDING BEEF, SHEEP & MEAT GOATS: Breeding beef must have tattoo as their ID. Breeding sheep and meat goats use USDA scrapie tag number for ID (breeder supplies these). Submit animal information into online AKSARBEN livestock database.
- All breeding nominations will have a fee of $2.00 per online entry. Exhibitors will be able to dual nominate an animal as breeding and market if selected and paid for in Show Stock Manager. Families will now receive a receipt that they entered in a breeding nomination.
- DAIRY CATTLE must turn in completed ID form.
- RABBITS: All rabbits except fryers must have permanent ID numbers or names tattooed in their ear with a pin tattoo pliers and tattoo ink. Permanent marker numbers written in the ears of the rabbits are NOT permanent ID numbers.
- Families will need to make State Fair entries online as in the past.
(PDF, 2 pgs, 556 KB)
Exhibitors of 4-H & FFA market animals (beef, swine, sheep, and goat) at the State Fair will be required to obtain a Premises ID number through the NE Department of Agriculture at no cost to the exhibitor. Exhibitors without a Premises Identification number will not be allowed to exhibit at the Nebraska State Fair. See the Premises ID & My Youth Livestock Project Brochure (PDF, 2 pgs, 556 KB) for more information.
(PDF, 2 pgs, 542 KB)
Effective January 1, 2017, the United States Food & Drug Administration (FDA) will fully implement the Veterinary Feed Directive (VFD) regulation. The regulation requires veterinary oversight when producers use medically important antimicrobials in feed or water to treat animals. This applies to all producers raising animals, including youth owners of show or exhibit animals. The Nebraska Youth Livestock Programs and the Veterinary Feed Directive Brochure (PDF, 2 pgs, 542 KB) is available to answer questions regarding the directive.