Population growth puts a greater stress on expanding yields for food, which still encouraging resource stewardship. To help meet this challenge, we share unbiased, research‐based information for a diversified agricultural audience.
Active in all 93 counties and at extension.unl.edu/croppingwater
Check out the Nemaha County Agricultural Resources webpage for more information. Besides newsletters & articles written by Nemaha County Extension Educator, Gary Lesoing, you can find farmer's tax information, Nebraska Farm Real Estate Market Highlights, Nebraska trends in farmland values, rental rates and custom rates. You can also find information on pesticide certification, seed guides, grain storage management and more.
Winter wheat variety selection is one of the first key management decisions that you make each year as a wheat farmer in southeast Nebraska. The three-year average yield difference in currently planted varieties evaluated at the University of Nebraska Jefferson County trial is 12 bushels per acre. I consider southeast Nebraska to include the 22 counties south of Highway 30 and east of Highway 14. In 2022, there was nearly 40,000 acres of wheat in southeast Nebraska.
Latest Updates from cropwatch.unl.edu
- USDA to Survey Row Crops County Acreage and Production
- This Week on N Field: Push Test for Corn Stalk Rot
- Future Agronomists at Work
- Weekly Weather Update and Outlook: Sept. 28, 2023
- Bean Breeders Scout Fields for Desirable Bean Genetics
- USDA to Begin Issuing $1.75 Billion to Ag Producers Through Critical Emergency Relief Programs
- Growing Results: Cover Crop Interseeding
- Soy2023 Conference Draws Global Soybean Scientists to Nebraska