Check out the Nemaha County Agricultural Resources webpage for more information. Besides newsletters & articles written by Nemaha County Extension Educator, Gary Lesoing, you can find farmer's tax information, Nebraska Farm Real Estate Market Highlights, Nebraska trends in farmland values, rental rates and custom rates. You can also find information on pesticide certification, seed guides, grain storage management and more.
Population growth puts a greater stress on expanding yields for food, which still encouraging resource stewardship. To help meet this challenge, we share unbiased, research‐based information for a diversified agricultural audience.
Active in all 93 counties and at extension.unl.edu/croppingwater
September 19th through September 25th will be Farm Safety Week. It is important to acknowledge, celebrate, and uplift America’s farmers and ranchers who have encountered many challenges over the past few years, yet continue to work hard to provide the food, fiber, and fuel that we need. Fall harvest time can be one of the busiest and most dangerous seasons of the year for the agriculture industry.
Latest Updates from cropwatch.unl.edu
- Farm and Ranch Business Meetings
- 2021 Corn Yield Forecasts: End-of-season Forecasts Suggest Near to Below-average Yields for the Region
- Refine your Wheat Nitrogen Management through On-Farm Research
- Pasture and Forage Minute: Planning Winter Forages, Windrow Grazing
- Nebraska Crop Production Report for September
- Nebraska Crop Progress for Sept. 12
- Nebraska Crop Progress for Sept. 5
- Dry Edible Bean Harvest Underway in the Panhandle