Check out the Nemaha County Agricultural Resources webpage for more information. Besides newsletters & articles written by Nemaha County Extension Educator, Gary Lesoing, you can find farmer's tax information, Nebraska Farm Real Estate Market Highlights, Nebraska trends in farmland values, rental rates and custom rates. You can also find information on pesticide certification, seed guides, grain storage management and more.
Population growth puts a greater stress on expanding yields for food, which still encouraging resource stewardship. To help meet this challenge, we share unbiased, research‐based information for a diversified agricultural audience.
Active in all 93 counties and at extension.unl.edu/croppingwater
Sericea lespedeza has been an invasive weed for several years in the southeast corner of Nebraska and recently has become is a noxious weed for the whole state of Nebraska. Sericea lespedeza is a prolific seed producer and birds can spread the seed. This weed has made a foothold in Nebraska, which contributed to it being named a noxious weed statewide. If we can keep it under control and from spreading further, maybe it won’t be such a huge problem here in Nebraska.
Each spring there is potential for challenges in getting herbicides applied in a timely matter for good weed control. With good soil moisture, weeds will take off if they have not been treated yet.
Latest Updates from cropwatch.unl.edu
- New NebGuide: Soil Microbiology in Nebraska
- Silk and Tassel Development in Corn
- Nebraska Invasive Weed: Leafy Spurge
- New NebGuide: Factors to Consider when Multiple Herbicide-Resistant Soybean Traits Coexist
- 2020 Nebraska Farm Custom Rates Report Published
- Plant and Pest Diagnostic Clinic – Updated Submission Procedures
- 2020 Corn Yield Forecasts: Approach and Interpretation of Results
- Scouting and Treatment Recommendations for Western Bean Cutworm