Population growth puts a greater stress on expanding yields for food, which still encouraging resource stewardship. To help meet this challenge, we share unbiased, research‐based information for a diversified agricultural audience.
Active in all 93 counties and at extension.unl.edu/croppingwater
The 2019 Nebraska Farm Real Estate Market Highlights Report has been completed. After record high land values in 2014, this marks the fifth year of consecutive decline in real estate values in Nebraska. This report will show the values for regions in the state as well as discussion from panels on the trends we can expect in those regions. A special feature of this report is the section covering emerg
The rental rates for crop and pasture ground are compiled in January of each year. In February the rates are shared with land owners and producers. If you would like to be on our mailing list to receive this information as soon as it is available, please contact the Nebraska Extension in Custer County office at 308-872-6831. For your convenience the current and previous years rates can be viewed anytime.
CropWatch is a weekly update of information about all things Crop in Nebraska including row crop, weed management, fertilizer management, weather, crop reports, crop resources, farm management, and much more. You can view the most up to date CropWatch information or subscribe with your email to receive this timely information right in your inbox.
Latest Updates from cropwatch.unl.edu
- Agricultural Land Management Quarterly Webinar
- 2022 Northern Plains Farm Labor Report
- Crop Progress: Minor Improvement in Winter Wheat Condition
- 2022 Census of Agriculture Now Underway in Nebraska
- Survey: How Did We Do in 2022?
- Financial Drought Prompts Closures, Uncertainty for Mesonet’s Future
- Pasture and Forage Minute: Saving Hay, Ag Land Leasing Workshops
- 2023 Nebraska Crop Production Budgets — Higher Costs and Risks