Dear Scotts Bluff County 4-H Families,
4-H empowers youth to reach their full potential working and learning in partnership with caring adults.
4-H is education for life that uses a learn-by-doing approach.
Active in all 93 counties and at 4h.unl.edu
Scotts Bluff 4-H
Come meet our new support staff member, Courtney Larson!
We will also have staff members on location for any questions regarding 4-H enrollment which is due June 15th!There will be refreshments! Panhandle Research and Extension Center West Foyer May 23 5:30-6:30 p.m.
The Scotts Bluff County Communications (Speech & Presentation) Contest is being held June 1, 2023 at 6:30p.m. If participating, contact the office so we can make preparations 308-632-1480.
The Prepared Speech contest provides youth the opportunity to write and prepare a speech on a topic related to their 4-H experience. The judge will view the speech and evaluate based on the subject, organization, and delivery of the speech.
Clover Kid (ages 5-7): under 3 minutes
The Scotts Bluff County Fair BB Gun and Air Rifle contests were held March 11, 2023.
Sporter Air Rifle 2023 results
The Scotts Bluff County Fair Trap competition was held April 23, 2023.
Nebraska Extension and Central States Center for Agricultural Safety and Health at the University of Nebraska Medical Center, College of Public Health, have announced dates for the annual “tractor safety” training courses scheduled at sites across Nebraska in early June. Students will complete the first day of the course by attending online training through the eXtension Foundation Campus website. The required driving test will be offered on June 1 in Gering and June 5 in Gordon.
Latest Updates from Statewide 4-H
- Nebraska 4-H delegates share their voice with federal officials
- Joelle Wacker's helps youth honor veterans through Quilts of Valor program
- 4-H Volunteers receive state-level recognition for their local contributions
- Micah Scholl helps youth take pride in their swine projects
- Sally B Bryner helps youth grow through horse program
- Nancy Lashley is a pillar in the Logan County 4-H Program
- Judy Rath builds community in rural cattle country
- Vrbka family builds a legacy through volunteering