4-H empowers youth to reach their full potential working and learning in partnership with caring adults.
4-H is education for life that uses a learn-by-doing approach.
Active in all 93 counties and at 4h.unl.edu
The attached changes have been proposed for 2021-2022. Please review. If you have questions or concerns, please contact the Extension Office or a 4-H Council Member.
The Hixson-Lied College of Fine and Performing Arts is seeking applications for the 25th annual Nebraska Young Artist Awards. The Nebraska Young Artist Awards annually recognize 11th-grade students from Nebraska who are gifted and talented in the areas of visual art, dance, music, theatre, and film and emerging media arts. These students exemplify the pinnacles of creativity in one of the fine and performing arts.
Nebraska 4-H is gearing up for another year of the Fed Steer Challenge, and applications are due by December 1, 2021. The Fed Steer Challenge is designed to enhance the traditional 4-H beef project and provides youth an opportunity to learn more about the cattle industry. The program awards production merit and carcass value of the market animal, along with accurate and complete recordkeeping, industry knowledge, and producer engagement. Learn more at 4h.unl.edu/fed-steer-challenge.
The Nebraska Association of Fair Managers will award a $500 scholarship to one qualifying 4-H male and a $500 scholarship to one qualifying 4-H female who are graduating seniors in the State of Nebraska and who plan to continue with post high school education.
Latest Updates from Statewide 4-H
- Nebraska 4-H'ers bring home national awards
- Loft Gallery features 4-H member's artwork
- 4-H Horse Advisory Committee is now accepting applications
- Fed Steer Challenge applications due Dec. 1
- Livestock Achievement Program returns for year two
- Nebraska 4-H hits the road with volunteer professional development
- Registration for the 2022 judge registration closes September 30th
- Entry for NEW State 4-H Rodeo closes on September 17th