4-H empowers youth to reach their full potential working and learning in partnership with caring adults.
4-H is education for life that uses a learn-by-doing approach.
Active in all 93 counties and at 4h.unl.edu
The Nebraska Association of Fair Managers will award a $500 scholarship to one qualifying 4-H male and a $500 scholarship to one qualifying 4-H female who are graduating seniors in the state of Nebraska and who plan to continue with post high school education. The scholarship will be awarded at the annual NAFM convention in January. The application can be found at https://www.nebraskafairs.org/newsletters.php.
Applications should be submitted to local Extension Offices by Thursday, November 30, 2023.
By Karla Wilke, UNL Cow/Calf systems and stocker management
Now that fall is here, and most spring-born calves are being weaned, 4-Hers and FFA students across Nebraska are looking over the calf crops and picking out market steer prospects for the 2024 county fair. Calves are carefully evaluated against a list of criteria, selected, and brought home. Now what?
Latest Updates from Statewide 4-H
- Nebraska 4-H members claim top awards at national livestock contests
- STEM CARES re-invigorates rural communities through youth development
- 4-H Volunteer Road Show: Helping youth thrive through leader development
- Nebraska 4-H: 5 underrated, practical projects
- Nebraska 4-H members’ artwork on display in UNL Loft Gallery
- Nebraska 4-H adjusts age eligibility
- Nebraska 4-H adjusts project selection requirements
- Nebraska 4-H launches new volunteer orientation