4-H empowers youth to reach their full potential working and learning in partnership with caring adults.
4-H is education for life that uses a learn-by-doing approach.
Active in all 93 counties and at 4h.unl.edu
Go to https://ne.4honline.com/ to enroll in Scotts Bluff County 4-H.
There are big changes this year for the Nebraska Cattlemen's Classic Livestock Judging Contest. The contest will be held on Saturday, February 15th, at the Buffalo County Fairgrounds in Kearney, NE, with an Awards Banquet that evening. The entire contest will take place in the Expo Building and Ag Pavilion.
The Nebraska Association of Fair Managers will award a $500 scholarship to one qualifying 4-H male and a $500 scholarship to one qualifying 4-H female who are graduating seniors in the State of Nebraska and who plan to continue with post high school education. The scholarship will be awarded at the annual NAFM convention in January. Winners will be notified by January 4, 2020. Return your completed application to the Extension Office by December 2, 2019.
A limited number of 4-H members have the opportunity to catch a calf each January during the National Western Stock Show held in Denver, Colorado. Successful catchers will receive their calf in May 2020 to begin feeding the calf to market finish. Youth must show and sell their calf at the 2021 National Western Stock Show. The calves used for this contest are bought with money donated by business sponsors.
Latest Updates from Statewide 4-H
- 2019 Fed Steer Challenge Results
- Nebraska Livestock Judging Team Places at Nationals
- Now Accepting Volunteer Award Nominations
- Nebraska Youth to Participate in Virtual Statewide NYSD Event
- 2020 Enrollment Now Open!
- Nebraska 4-H Horticulture Team Places at National Competition
- Congratulations 4 Star Hamilton Heroes 4-H Club!
- Deadline Extended for Fed Steer Challenge Applications