A limited number of 4-H members have the opportunity to catch a calf each January during the National Western Stock Show held in Denver, Colorado. Successful catchers will receive their calf in May 2020 to begin feeding the calf to market finish. Youth must show and sell their calf at the 2021 National Western Stock Show. The calves used for this contest are bought with money donated by business sponsors.
4-H empowers youth to reach their full potential working and learning in partnership with caring adults.
4-H is education for life that uses a learn-by-doing approach.
Active in all 93 counties and at 4h.unl.edu
Record Book Importance
Record books help teach youth the vital life skill of records, accounting, reporting, and financial responsibility. All project areas have record books they can fill out. 4-H does not require record books to be turned in, however, there are many prizes including cash that are awarded to top books as well as many skills to gain!
A Workshop will be held to give hands-on training on record books. The Record Book Workshop will be held on Saturday, Sept 21, 2019 from 10 am to Noon at the Scotts Bluff County Extension Office. Enter through the doors on the south side of the building. Bring your computer or we will have paper copies to get you started! If you cannot make this workshop and need record book help, contact the office to set up an appointment.
Latest Updates from Statewide 4-H
- 2020 Enrollment Now Open!
- Nebraska 4-H Horticulture Team Places at National Competition
- Congratulations 4 Star Hamilton Heroes 4-H Club!
- Deadline Extended for Fed Steer Challenge Applications
- Celebrate National 4-H Week with Nebraska 4-H!
- State Fair 4-H Results Now Available!
- Download the 4-H at State Fair App
- Tumbleweeds 4-H Club Awarded Club of the Month