The Yonts Water Conference is full of information about water in the North Platte Valley of western Nebraska – how a huge surface-water irrigation project developed more than a century ago; the groundwater that it generates, now a major source of water for irrigation and other uses; how water is managed; and the 2020 outlook for water and weather during the crop season.
Population growth puts a greater stress on expanding yields for food, which still encouraging resource stewardship. To help meet this challenge, we share unbiased, research‐based information for a diversified agricultural audience.
Active in all 93 counties and at extension.unl.edu/croppingwater
Latest Updates from cropwatch.unl.edu
- CARES Act Implications on Tax Planning for Farmers
- 2020 Corn Yield Forecasts as of August 4
- Crop Diseases Spreading and Increasing
- Evaluating Alfalfa Stands Part 1 - Using the Hay Square Method
- Nebraska Crop Progress Report for Aug. 3
- Extension Crop and Pest Reports (Aug. 3-7)
- Preparing Yourself for Corn Under $3 Per Bushel
- Disease Reports from the UNL Diagnostic Clinic – July 31