The Yonts Water Conference is full of information about water in the North Platte Valley of western Nebraska – how a huge surface-water irrigation project developed more than a century ago; the groundwater that it generates, now a major source of water for irrigation and other uses; how water is managed; and the 2020 outlook for water and weather during the crop season.
Population growth puts a greater stress on expanding yields for food, which still encouraging resource stewardship. To help meet this challenge, we share unbiased, research‐based information for a diversified agricultural audience.
Active in all 93 counties and at extension.unl.edu/croppingwater
Latest Updates from cropwatch.unl.edu
- Fertilizer-nitrogen Injury
- Corn, Soybean Planting Well Ahead of Last Year
- Wheat Disease Update – Barley Yellow Dwarf and Fungal Leaf Spots Increasing
- Extending the Manure Application Window: Post Plant Experiences
- Extension Crop Reports (May 18-22)
- Business Powers of Attorney for Nebraska Farm and Ranch Business Owners
- CARES Act: Paycheck Protection Program Loans Update
- Nebraska Invasive Weed: Musk Thistle