The Yonts Water Conference is full of information about water in the North Platte Valley of western Nebraska – how a huge surface-water irrigation project developed more than a century ago; the groundwater that it generates, now a major source of water for irrigation and other uses; how water is managed; and the 2020 outlook for water and weather during the crop season.
Population growth puts a greater stress on expanding yields for food, which still encouraging resource stewardship. To help meet this challenge, we share unbiased, research‐based information for a diversified agricultural audience.
Active in all 93 counties and at extension.unl.edu/croppingwater
Latest Updates from cropwatch.unl.edu
- USDA Offers Disaster Assistance to Nebraska Farmers, Livestock Producers Impacted by Recent Winter Storms
- 2021: Agricultural Risk Coverage or Price Loss Coverage for Corn Base Acres?
- #NField Observations for March 2021
- Got Manure? Need Manure? – There’s an App for That!
- Producers Invited To Share Silage Storage Experiences
- Nebraska 2020 Annual Crop Production Summary
- Extension Offering Free Online Quickbooks, Quicken Training for Ag Producers
- Technology and Tactics Frame Upcoming TAPS Collaboration