Youth for the Quality Care of Animals Training is required for all 4-H members showing RABBITS, POULTRY, BEEF, GOATS, SWINE OR SHEEP at County or State Fair. Members have three options for receiving training.
ONLINE: YQCA Log In Instructions:
- Go to yqca.org from your computer browser and select Sign In/Register Tab
- Sign in and register using the 4-H Online box
- Select the name of your organization from the pick list Nebraska 4-H Youth Development
- Use your 4-H Online user name and password to start the process
- Select the member name taking the course
- Select the age of the member in the appropriate box
- When the age is selected the appropriate courses will be selected
- Select online choice (Instructor led class will be developed by your local instructor)
- Select payment method credit card or if you have received a coupon code from your Extension Office you will enter it at this time to purchase the courses
- After completing the three courses be sure to save and print out a completion certificate and take it to your Extension Office
- For swine exhibitors the number on your completion certificate will be used as the number that will be asked for by swine buyers
- If you encounter problems you can contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Course instructions can be found at this website: http://4h.unl.edu/qualityassurance.
INSTRUCTOR LEAD TRAINING: Attend a YQCA County 4-H training.
TEST: If you are an intermediate or senior (12 or older), you may be able to test out. If you pass the test, you do not have to attend training. This is not difficult! Contact the UNL Extension office to take the test.
Members must be Quality Assurance certified by June 15 to be eligible to compete at the County Fair. No trainings will be held after June 15.