The Nebraska 4-H Public Speaking and PSA (Public Servce Announcement) Contests helps youth learn and practice skills that are beneficial for a lifetime in their personal and professional lives. Developing self-confidence and effective public speaking skills are two goals of the public speaking contest.
2020 Cass County Public Speaking Workshop ... Tuesday, March 24, 2020
A chart outlining the Cass County Age Divisions, Time Guidelines, Specials Guidelines and Awards will help give your direction when planning your speech or PSA.
- Local Cass County Speech Contest entry form - Registrations are due by April 13, 2020! The County Contest is April 20, 2020.
- 2020 Speech Outline (to be submitted with entry form) - it can be electronically submitted, or brought/sent to the Cass County Extension Office.
- 60 Second PSA Outline (to be submitted with entry form)
- Speech Contest Scoresheet
4-H members in all project areas are encouraged to give speeches to their 4-H clubs and to participate in county, regional, and state contests. Participants prepare and deliver an original speech about 4-H and/or tape a 60 second radio Public Service Announcement (PSA) using the theme: Inspire Kids to Do
Go to the State Website http://4h.unl.edu/publicspeakingcontest for:
- Guidelines for writing great speeches,
- How to prepare a 4-H Radio Public Service Announcement,
- Specific rules, or
- Scoresheets for the contests
The top three winners in each age division in both Speech and PSA categories of the Cass County Speech Contest advance to the Southeast Regional Competition in Lincoln. At the Regional Contest, Senior division speech and PSA winners will compete for the opportunity to advance to the State Speech Contest at the Nebraska State Fair in Grand Island, NE.