Defination of a 4-H Club
4-H Policy and Procedures Handbook
4-H Pledge, Motto and Creed
News Reporter Form
Year End 4-H Club Treasurer's Report
2023 Cass County 4-H Calendar - Updated 1/31/2023
Where to purchase Project Resource Manuals:
Leader and Volunteer Training Resources
- Permanent File Checklist - completed by Extension Staff
- EIN Application Directions - required of all clubs handling funds
- Group Exemption Authorization Form
- Constitution and Bylaws Template
- Year End Treasurer's Report - due annually, on January 31.
- Nebraska 4-H Policy and Procedure Manual
- 4-H Name & Clover Guidelines
- Secretary's Record Template
- Indirect Volunteer Form
- The Nebraska state 4-H website has many resources for volunteers and club leaders ranging from training and development to club management. And check out the Fast Track Volunteer Training video series to increase your leadership skills at your own pace.
Awards and Scholarships
4-H'ers who are seniors have many exciting opportunities during their last year of school, one of which is planning for what to do after High School. If plans include college, please take the time to consider applying for some scholarships available to you through Cass County 4-H. Application forms and information are shown for each available scholarship at the link below.
Governor's Agricultural Excellence Award - 2018 (presented to our very own Cass County Monster Hares 4-H Club!)
Cass County Youth and Club Reporting
Recording your work and experiences on the year-end-reports is a great life-time skill to acquire and practice.
- Livestock and Static Point Sheet This is now just 1 point sheet for all - Due October 1, 2023
- 2023 Clubs Of Excellence - Due Sept 15, 2023 - State 4-H Deadline
- Beyond Traditional County-Only Awards (Outstanding Senior, Intermediate, and Junior 4-H members; Outstanding Leadership, Citizen, and Volunteer 4-H members, Flop Award, Memorable 4-H Experience Award, Hardship Award) -Due October 1, 2023
- 4-H Diamond Clover (application information and report forms for Levels 1 - 6) - Due October 1, 2023
- Achievement Application (application for selection of county and state award winners, including Nebraska delegates to National 4-H Congress and National 4-H Conference, as well as Nebraska 4-H Foundation scholarship award recipients) - Due October 1, 2023
Cass County Volunteer Recognition
We are honored to recognize the valuable 4- H leaders and volunteers we have right here in Cass County! Adult volunteers may be nominated by other adults or youth, and may nominate themselves. The county level award winners will be selected by our local 4-H Council from the pool of nominations forms we receive.
Volunteer Recognition Nomination Forms - Due October 1, 2023 @ 12 noon!
Cass County 4-H Ambassador Program
The primary goal of the Cass County 4-H Ambassador Program is to develop leadership skills and building communication skills to be utilized in an
advocacy role for the Cass County 4-H Program as well as in other aspects of the Ambassador’s life.
Through this program, 4-H staff members are committed to offering you:
• Increased understanding of your leadership skills and abilities
• Increased confidence in yourself
• Better understanding of the Cass County 4-H Program
Cass County 4-H Ambassador Program Application 2023-24 - Due October 1, 2023
Cass County 4-H Council
The 4-H Council is a group of 9 adults and 9 youth (14 years 4-H age and older) which provide support to the Extension staff, assist in determining the direction of the 4-H program, provide support and assistance to 4-H volunteers, and support 4-H members in the program. Adults serve three year terms; youth serve one year.
Strong councils provides local input to the 4-H program. 4-H councils help provide additional funds to support 4-H programs through scholarships to 4-Hers for events and college, for leader forums, and for awards offered at county events. Additionally, 4-H councils help fund buildings on fairgrounds, staff hires, and other expenditures. Providing direction to 4-H programs strengthens the entire state 4-H system. Having a strong relationship is critical to a strong 4-H Youth Development Program.
It’s an honor to serve on the 4-H Council. If you are interested in serving, contact the Extension Office. Elections are held each fall in November.
4-H Constitution (Revised January 2020)