We are excited to have you join the 4-H family in Cass County! Head over to https://ne.4honline.com to register for the current year. See the headlines below for FAQ and assistance with 4HOnline registration.
Questions about Cass County 4-H
How old do you have to be to enroll in 4-H?:
- Clover Kids enroll at age 5 (by January 1st)
- Regular 4-Hers enroll at age 8 to 18 (by January 1st )
Do current 4-Hers have to re-enroll each year?
Do leaders and volunteers have to re-enroll each year?
If there a fee to join 4-H?
No, not in Cass County
What is the benefit of being in a 4-H club?
There are many benefits of being in a club; friendship and fellowship, opportunity for leadership development, plus strides in selfconfidence, learning to work with others, and communication skills. Problem solving, citizenship, expanded horizons, organizational skills, respect for and from others, patience, tolerance, and real-world experience! The club leader will help you with decision making, keep you informed about project announcements and deadlines, and will be a great encourager!
- Helpful steps to enroll
- Helpful steps for re-enrollment
- 4HOnline steps to re-enroll a volunteer
- 4HOnline steps to enroll a volunteer with an existing family
- New Volunteer - Steps to Enroll
4-H Project Opportunities
Are you wanting to select a 4-H project, but don't know where to start? Check out the following resources:
- 2018 Nebraska Extension Pick Your Project - The Pick Your Project is an online project selection guide for finding both county-only and state fair eligible 4-H fair projects and their resources. Users can search by keywords or browse by project area, curriculum area, and experience level. Project resources and learning objectives are included with each project.
- 2017 Cass County 4-H Fair Premium Book (pdf) (2018 Premium Book coming in April!)
In addition, there are project manuals available for almost every 4-H project. (Available project manuals are listed in the Project Resource Central above.) These written manuals provide hands-on lessons & ideas to help youth acquire new skills and knowledge. The manuals are not required, but can be very helpful. Manuals may be purchased at the Extension office or directly through the following websites:
If you have questions, please call the Cass County Extension office at (402) 267-2205. We are here to help!