Reminder that there is PSEP training tomorrow in Blue Hill at the Community Center starting at 1:30 p.m. Please register with the Webster County Extension Office ahead of time.
Population growth puts a greater stress on expanding yields for food, which still encouraging resource stewardship. To help meet this challenge, we share unbiased, research‐based information for a diversified agricultural audience.
Active in all 93 counties and at extension.unl.edu/croppingwater
Cropping & Water Systems
Ag Econ’s Farm and Ranch Management webinar series will close out the month with a session on winter wheat this week, followed by an overview of NASS Cattle Reports next Thursday.
Registration is open at https://farm.unl.edu/webinars.
The Economic Viability of Winter Wheat
Thursday, April 22, noon
Low farm prices and a tightening labor market will limit Nebraska's economic growth during the next three years, according to the latest long-term economic forecast from the University of Nebraska-Lincoln’s Bureau of Business Research.
Read the full story on Nebraska Today.
Labor market, farm prices to limit state growth through 2019
Latest Updates from cropwatch.unl.edu
- This Week on N Field: Leafy Spurge Management
- Major Nebraska Rivers and Their Drainages: Part 4
- Crop Progress: Corn Planting Wraps Up, Winter Wheat Condition Declines
- Pasture and Forage Minute: Controlling Alfalfa Weevil and Leafy Spurge, First Cutting Alfalfa
- Wheat Disease Update for June 1, 2023
- Wheat Management Field Day June 8 Near Diller
- Pesticide Container Recycling Continues in 2023
- Estimated Crop Water Use for May 29-June 4, 2023