Reminder that there is PSEP training tomorrow in Blue Hill at the Community Center starting at 1:30 p.m. Please register with the Webster County Extension Office ahead of time.
Population growth puts a greater stress on expanding yields for food, which still encouraging resource stewardship. To help meet this challenge, we share unbiased, research‐based information for a diversified agricultural audience.
Active in all 93 counties and at extension.unl.edu/croppingwater
Ag Econ’s Farm and Ranch Management webinar series will close out the month with a session on winter wheat this week, followed by an overview of NASS Cattle Reports next Thursday.
Registration is open at https://farm.unl.edu/webinars.
The Economic Viability of Winter Wheat
Thursday, April 22, noon
Low farm prices and a tightening labor market will limit Nebraska's economic growth during the next three years, according to the latest long-term economic forecast from the University of Nebraska-Lincoln’s Bureau of Business Research.
Read the full story on Nebraska Today.
Latest Updates from cropwatch.unl.edu
- Crop Insurance Workshop Oct. 19 in Grand Island
- Collaborative Project Seeks to Protect Agricultural Technology from Cyberattacks
- Preventing Weed Seed Distribution from Combines
- Weekly Agricultural Weather Update Sept. 20, 2022
- Pasture and Forage Minute: Monitoring Hay Quality and Pests, Early Cornstalk Harvest
- Free Farm and Ag Law Clinics Set for October
- Crop Progress: Half of Nebraska Pastures, Range Remain in ‘Very Poor’ Condition
- Comment Period Closes Oct. 7, 2022 for U.S. EPA’s Herbicide Atrazine Mitigation Docket