It is still January and even though this year it has not been very cold soup is still a tasty meal. Soup can be nutritious, easy to prepare, and inexpensive. It can be great hot or cold, prepared with minimal clean-up, only needs one pot, and the combination of ingredients is unlimited. Soup is a great dish for a variety of palettes and can be tailored to be spicy, savory or sweet. January is National Soup Month, a good time to think about how soup can fit into a healthy eating plan.
The Food, Nutrition and Health program is focused on improving nutrition, physical activity, and food safety outcomes for Nebraskans. The Food Website is a pioneer in connecting all the Extension food-related areas of a university under one umbrella website.
Active in all 93 counties and at food.unl.edu
Latest Updates from food.unl.edu
- Tips for Resolutions that Last
- Healthy and Safe Meals Using a Slow Cooker
- Tips for Delicious and Nutritious Soup
- Concession Stand Food Safety and COVID-19
- Making Holiday Memories
- Online Husker Performance Sports Nutrition Facilitator Guide
- Winter Holiday Central
- Tips for Low-Cost Holiday Meals
- Balance Training Workout
- Strength Training Circuit