Saunders County's Career Portfolio program is an opportunity for 4-H members to submit a record of their involvement in not only 4-H, but in their schools and communities as well. By participating in this program, youth are able to keep record of their involvement from year to year. There are opportunities to compete at a county level and go on to compete at district and state, as well as national. Take a look at the information and details below!
- Saunders County Age Divisions
- Junior (8-10 years old)
- Intermediate (11-13 years old)
- Senior (14-18 years old)
- You can move up divsions by age qualification or by receiving a gold in an area you applied for.
- Curriculum Areas
- In your career portfolio, you can apply in 3 curriculum areas each year.
- You are eligible to receive an award for each curriculum area you apply for.
- Once you receive gold in an area, you are eligible to move up a division even if you do not meet the age requirement.
- In an area you applied for, you are able to reapply for a gold if you won a silver or a bronze in the area previously.
- Medals given for top exhibitors per cirriculum area. Top portfolios are eligible to compete at the state level (youth ages 15-19). Nebraska will then select youth from the state level to represent the state at the National 4-H Youth Congress.
- Purple Ribbon - $20
- Blue Ribbon - $15
- Red Ribbon -$10
- White Ribbon - $5
- Career Portfolio Printable Verson - Due to the Extension Office by November 1, 2017.
- More information
CLOVER KID RECORD BOOKS
This is their opportunity to showcase what they have done
and prepares them for applying for their career portfolio when they are 4-H age.
- Clover Kids Record Book Printable Version - Due to the Extension Office by November 1, 2017.