4-H empowers youth to reach their full potential working and learning in partnership with caring adults.
4-H is education for life that uses a learn-by-doing approach.
Active in all 93 counties and at 4h.unl.edu
The widespread flooding and winter weather across our great state has been at the top of all of our minds, including those of 4-H youth, volunteers, staff, and alumni across Nebraska and the country. Thanks to all of you for what you’re doing.
There will be a long road to recovery, and many 4-H’ers and our supporters will want to contribute.
As you assist young people with considering what can be done to support recovery efforts, please share the following:
*NEW* this year 2018: The official identification for COUNTY and STATE FAIR for all classes of goats and sheep is a Scrapie Tag.
Before you can get Scrapie Tags, you must have a premise ID number and a Flock ID number, which the Department of Agriculture can assign to you. Call them at 402-434-2300.
Scrapies tags may be purchased from Allflex. The cost of the tags is the families responsibility. (Order Form)
If you were enrolled in the Pawnee County 4-H program as an 8th grader, you may have received information participating in Next Chapter programs and being pre-admitted to UNL. Next Chapter is a college-readiness program delivered through the Nebraska 4-H program that helps students prepare for and succeed in college by providing the skills students need to reach their academic goals.
Latest Updates from Statewide 4-H
- Eastern Nebraska 4-H Center News
- School Year Camps coming up in October
- State 4-H Livestock Judging Contest moving foward
- Nebraska 4-H'ers compete in national 4-H film festival
- Rabbit Hemorrhagic Disease and the State Fair 4-H Rabbit Show
- Congratulations to the 2020 State Public Speaking Contest Participants
- 2020 Nebraska State Fair Updates
- State 4-H Horse Show Update