4-H empowers youth to reach their full potential working and learning in partnership with caring adults.
4-H is education for life that uses a learn-by-doing approach.
Active in all 93 counties and at 4h.unl.edu
The widespread flooding and winter weather across our great state has been at the top of all of our minds, including those of 4-H youth, volunteers, staff, and alumni across Nebraska and the country. Thanks to all of you for what you’re doing.
There will be a long road to recovery, and many 4-H’ers and our supporters will want to contribute.
As you assist young people with considering what can be done to support recovery efforts, please share the following:
4-H Camp Brochure: Nebraska 4-H Camps - Your Adventure Awaits You!
Big Red Camp Brochure:
The official identification for COUNTY and STATE FAIR for all classes of goats and sheep is a Scrapie Tag.
Before you can get Scrapie Tags, you must have a premise ID number and a Flock ID number, which the Department of Agriculture can assign to you. Call them at 402-434-2300.
Scrapies tags may be purchased from Allflex. The cost of the tags is the families responsibility. (Order Form)
The Extension Office has a universal tagger available.
University of Nebraska-Lincoln Extension is excited to bring you the Great Plains Judging Circuit. A great lineup of contests throughout the state gives young people the opportunity to perfect their skills in preparation for the PASE contest on June 29. Qualifying youth must attend two contests at minimum, in addition to the PASE contest to be eligible for awards and scholarships. The top-5 individuals in the Senior (age 14-18) and Intermediate (10-13) divisions will be recognized as part of the All-State Team during a Grand Drive at the 2022 Nebraska State Fair.
If you were enrolled in the Pawnee County 4-H program as an 8th grader, you may have received information participating in Next Chapter programs and being pre-admitted to UNL. Next Chapter is a college-readiness program delivered through the Nebraska 4-H program that helps students prepare for and succeed in college by providing the skills students need to reach their academic goals.
Latest Updates from Statewide 4-H
- Two delegates and two alternates selected to represent Nebraska at National 4-H Conference
- Fifteen teens selected as Nebraska delegates for National 4-H Congress
- Lancaster County 4-H members earn Nebraska 4-H Gives Back Award for addressing local food insecurity
- Four teens appointed to 4-H Leadership Ambassador program
- Fed Steer Challenge cultivates next generation of cattle industry leaders
- 4-H'ers strut their stuff on the State Fair runway
- Nebraska youth test their agronomy knowledge at Crop Scouting Competition
- Fifty-two youth receive Member of Excellence distinctions