To find out what's happening in Hall County 4-H, take a look at our monthly newsletter, located on our 4-H Youth Member Resources page.
We would love to have you join the 4-H family in Hall County! For more information on what 4-H has to offer, check out our 4-H welcome packet (pdf).
We would also like to invite you to take a look at the following PSA video, created by 4-H member Emily Reimers, on how 4-H Grows True Leaders (MP4).
The new 4-H year will begin October 1, 2021. However, the online 4-H enrollment system (ne.4honline.com) will be getting a major upgrade this fall; therefore we ask you to please wait to enroll in 4-H until after November 10, 2021. New 4-H members may enroll anytime during the year; however in order to participate at the Hall County Fair, enrollment must be completed by June 15th. We ask returning 4-H members to re-enroll by March 15th. Listed below are several step-by-step guides to walk you through the process.
Join a 4-H Club or Join 4-H as an Independent Member
Choose what works best for your family!
- A 4-H club is an organized group of youth, led by an adult, that provides a series of educational experiences. 4-H clubs typically have elected officers and a set of rules approved by the membership to govern the club.
- Families/youth may choose to participate in 4-H as Independent members, operating independently of a formal group setting, such as a club. This may be an individual or family learning effort.
We are always welcoming new clubs. 4-H clubs must have at least three families enrolled with five kids or more. If you would like to start your own 4-H club, please contact the Hall County Extension Office at (308) 385-5088 or check online for further details at http://4h.unl.edu/clubs. If you would like a current 4-H club to contact you with further information about their club, please contact the Hall County Extension Office.
4-H Project Opportunities
Are you wanting to select a 4-H project, but don't know where to start? Check out the following project guides:
- 2021 Hall County 4-H Project Guide (pdf)
- 2021 Nebraska Extension Pick Your Project - The Pick Your Project is an online project selection guide for finding both county-only and state fair eligible 4-H fair projects and their resources. Users can search by keywords or browse by project area, curriculum area, and experience level. Project resources and learning objectives are included with each project.
- 2021 Hall County 4-H Fair Premium Book (pdf)
In addition, there are project manuals available for almost every 4-H project. (Available project manuals are listed in the Pick Your Project above.) These written manuals provide hands-on lessons & ideas to help youth acquire new skills and knowledge. The manuals are not required, but can be very helpful. Manuals may be purchased at the Extension office or directly through the following websites:
For more information, access to monthly 4-H newsletters, scholarships & much more, check out our 4-H member resources page!
If you have questions, please call the Hall County Extension office at (308) 385-5088. We are here to help!