2020 Hall County FAIR BOOK (pdf 2.68 MB)
The Fairbook contains Hall County Fair and State Fair classes and guidelines and Hall County Fair premiums. Click here for a summary of 2020 Fair Book class changes & additions.
NOTE: Information in the Fairbook may be updated as needed.
- Animal Science: (pdf) Showmanship, Herdsmanship, Round Robin Showmanship, Bucket Calf, Beef, Sheep, Swine, Meat Goat, Dairy Goat, Horse Herdsmanship, Horse, Horseless Horse, Herdsmanship Rabbit/Poultry , Poultry, Rabbit, Dog, Companion Animal includes Cat, Small Animal Static, Veterinary Science
- Communications & Expessive Arts: (pdf) Public Speaking, Communications, Talent Show, Theater Arts, Photography
- Consumer & Family Science: (pdf) Human Development, Clothing & Textiles, Knitting & Crochet, Fashion Show, Shopping in Style Fashion Show, Quilt Quest, Consumer Management, Heritage, Home Environment
- Environmental Ed & Earth Science (pdf): Wildlife, Harvesting Equipment, Taxidermy, Shooting Sports, Entomology, Forestry
- Healthy Lifestyles: (pdf) Culinary Challenge Contest, Ice Cream Roll, Cake Decorating, Beginning/Intermediate/Advanced Foods, Food Preservation, Safety, Fire Safety, Bicycle
- Leadership, Citizenship & Personal Development: (pdf) Citizenship, Entrepreneurship, Leadership
- Plant Science: (pdf) Field Crops, Weed Science, Range Management, Flowers, Houseplants, Vegetables, Herbs, Fruit, Educational Exhibits, Special Garden Project
- Science, Engineering & Technology (SET): (pdf) Aerospace, Computers, Electricity, Geospatial, Physics/Power of Wind, Robotics, Small Engines, Welding, Woodworking
- Kids College, School Enrichment & Spotlight Projects: (pdf) Kids College Projects, School Enrichment, Kindness Matters Project, Scrapbook Pages, Your Choice!
- Clover Kids: (pdf) Public Speaking, Aerospace, A Space For Me, Bicycle, Beyond the Needle, Explore Farm Animals, Family Celebrations, Flowers & Vegetables, Just Outside the Door, Making Food For Me, Theatre Arts, Special Interest, Bucket Calf, Companion Animal w/Cat, Dog, Goat, Poultry, Rabbit, Sheep, Swine, Small Animal Static
4-H Forms, Data Tags & Supporting Information
- Photography Data Tags:
Photography Data Tag Instructions (pdf) (NEW for 2020)
Level 1 Data Tag (pdf) (NEW for 2020)
Level 2 Data Tag (pdf) (NEW for 2020)
Level 3 Data Tag (pdf) (NEW for 2020)
- Home Environment Supporting Information Card (pdf)
- Food Preservation Card (pdf)
- Premiere 4-H Science Worksheet (pdf)
Check out the Hall County Animal ID Guidelines (pdf). It lists methods of ID, nomination deadlines & entry deadlines for animals that will be shown at County Fair and State Fair.
*ID forms/nominations MUST be submitted by June 15th, 2020 for ALL SPECIES. Horse ID nominations are due June 15th for County/State participation.
IMPORTANT ANIMAL ID REQUIREMENTS to be eligible for State Fair: As in the past, DNA will need pulled for all market animals. In addition, any animals that you are considering and would like to be eligible to show at State Fair, will also need to be entered and paid online, by YOU —4-H families at showstockmgr.com. The deadline for all animals is June 15th extended to July 1st.
County Fair ID nomination forms can be found here (pdf):
- Market Beef
- Breeding Beef/Cow-Calf
- Feeder Calf
- Bucket Calf ID
- Junior/Intermediate Levels - Bucket Calf Record Book (required)
- Senior Level - Bucket Calf Record Book (required)
- Dairy Goat
- Meat Goat
- Breeding Goat
- Market Lamb
- Breeding Sheep
- Market/Breeding Swine
- Dairy Cattle
Vaccination forms are required for Cat, Dog and Ferrets to participate in the Hall County Fair and Nebraska State Fair. Forms are due to the county office by June 15th, 2020. Please click here for the Cat/Ferret vaccination form (pdf). The Dog vaccination form (pdf) can be found here.
Interested in the 4-H dog project?
Join Happy Hounds 4-H Club in learning the skills for Obedience, Showmanship and Agility. Practices will begin in late spring/early summer 2020 (subject to change). Parents are required to stay for the entire practice. Practice dates will be subject to change depending on building scheduling. Be sure that you are enrolled in 4-H and have selected "AS: Dog" as one of your projects , so we don't miss letting you know the dates and times!
The Dog Vaccination form (pdf) will need to be completed and returned to the office before participating in practice.
Please contact the office if you will be attending the practice to help the leaders get an idea of how many to expect. Please feel free to contact the office with any questions, (308) 385-5088.
Quality Assurance is REQUIRED for all 4-H members, ages 8 and up, enrolled in swine, beef, sheep, dairy goats, dairy cattle, meat goats, rabbits and poultry.
1) You will use the 4H Online Sign In, using the same login and password that you use for 4-H Online
2) Youth must be enrolled in 4-H Online for the current year before they can complete Quality Assurance
3) All 4-H’ers need to use the 4-H tab (not the FFA tab)
4) The charge to complete QA is $12, to be paid online when taking the course
5) All registration questions with YQCA should be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org
6) Once QA is completed, print the certificate & turn in (or email) to the Extension office by JUNE 15th, 2020 in order to be eligible to show at the Hall County Fair
7) Paper test-out tests are no longer available.
The following deadlines are in place for livestock information:
- May 8th June 15th:
- District Horse Shows have been cancelled for 2020
- Horse Level Testing due to the Extension Office for State competition
- State Horse Entries & ID's due to the Extension Office
- June 15th:
- All ID nomination forms, including horse, market & breeding beef, cow/calf pairs, feeder calves, bucket calves, market & breeding sheep, meat goats, dairy goats, swine and rabbits, as well as Premises ID's, are due to the Extension Office by 5 pm
- Quality Assurance certificates due to the Extension Office by 5 pm
- Small Animal Vaccination Forms are due to the Extension Office by 5 pm
- June 24th: All County Fair Entries Due to the Extension Office by 5 pm
- July 1st:
- All online ID nominations for State Fair must be completed (go to showstockmgr.com).
- DNA envelopes for State Fair market animal nominations are due to the Extension Office by 5 pm
Check out all of the information for the 4-H Livestock Sale at the Hall County Fair.