2021 Hall County FAIR BOOK (pdf 1.58 MB)
The Fairbook contains Hall County Fair and State Fair classes and guidelines and Hall County Fair premiums.
NOTE: Information in the Fairbook may be updated as needed.
4-H Forms, Data Tags & Supporting Information
- Photography Data Tags:
Level 1 Data Tag (pdf)
Level 2 Data Tag (pdf)
Level 3 Data Tag (pdf)
- Home Environment Supporting Information Card (pdf)
- Food Preservation Card (pdf)
- Premiere 4-H Science Worksheet (pdf)
Check out the 2021 Hall County Animal ID Guidelines (pdf). It lists methods of ID, nomination deadlines & entry deadlines for animals that will be shown at County Fair and State Fair.
*ID forms/nominations MUST be submitted by June 15th, 2021 for ALL SPECIES. Horse ID nominations are due May 7th for District/State participation.
IMPORTANT ANIMAL ID REQUIREMENTS to be eligible for State Fair: As in the past, DNA will need pulled for all market animals. In addition, any animals that you are considering and would like to be eligible to show at State Fair, will also need to be entered and paid online, by YOU —4-H families at showstockmgr.com. The deadline for all animals is June 15th.
County Fair ID nomination forms can be found here (pdf):
- Market Beef
- Breeding Beef/Cow-Calf
- Feeder Calf
- Bucket Calf ID
- Junior/Intermediate Levels - Bucket Calf Record Book (required)
- Senior Level - Bucket Calf Record Book (required)
- Dairy Goat
- Meat Goat
- Breeding Goat
- Market Lamb
- Breeding Sheep
- Market/Breeding Swine
- Dairy Cattle
Vaccination forms are required for Cat, Dog and Ferrets to participate in the Hall County Fair and Nebraska State Fair. Forms are due to the county office by June 15th, 2021. Please click here for the Cat/Ferret vaccination form (pdf). The Dog vaccination form (pdf) can be found here.
Interested in the 4-H dog project?
Join Happy Hounds 4-H Club in learning the skills for Obedience, Showmanship and Agility. Practices will begin in late spring/early summer (subject to change). Parents are required to stay for the entire practice. Practice dates will be subject to change depending on building scheduling. Be sure that you are enrolled in 4-H and have selected "AS: Dog" as one of your projects , so we don't miss letting you know the dates and times!
The Dog Vaccination form (pdf) will need to be completed and returned to the office before participating in practice.
Please contact the office if you will be attending the practice to help the leaders get an idea of how many to expect. Please feel free to contact the office with any questions, (308) 385-5088.
Quality Assurance is REQUIRED for all 4-H members, ages 8 and up, enrolled in swine, beef, sheep, dairy goats, dairy cattle, meat goats, rabbits and poultry.
1) You will use the 4H Online Sign In, using the same login and password that you use for 4-H Online
2) Youth must be enrolled in 4-H Online for the current year before they can complete Quality Assurance
3) All 4-H’ers need to use the 4-H tab (not the FFA tab)
4) The charge to complete QA is $12, to be paid online when taking the course
5) All registration questions with YQCA should be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org
6) Once QA is completed, print the certificate & turn in (or email) to the Extension office by JUNE 15th, in order to be eligible to show at the Hall County Fair
7) Paper test-out tests are no longer available.
The following deadlines are in place for livestock information:
- May 7th:
- District/State Horse Show entries due online by 5 pm (https://4h.unl.edu/state-horse-expo-entry)
- Horse Level Testing due to the Extension Office for District/State competition
- District/State Horse ID's due to the Extension Office
- June 15th:
- All ID nomination forms, including horse, market & breeding beef, cow/calf pairs, feeder calves, bucket calves, market & breeding sheep, meat goats, dairy goats, swine and rabbits, as well as Premises ID's, are due to the Extension Office by 5 pm
- Quality Assurance certificates due to the Extension Office by 5 pm
- Small Animal Vaccination Forms are due to the Extension Office by 5 pm
- All online ID nominations for State Fair must be completed (go to showstockmgr.com).
- DNA envelopes for State Fair market animal nominations are due to the Extension Office by 5 pm
- June 23rd: All County Fair Entries Due to the Extension Office by 5 pm
Check out all of the information for the 4-H Livestock Sale at the Hall County Fair.