- Bicycle Road-E-O - Show off your bicycle skills & knowledge! Date: Usually held in late May at the Extension office. Open to all Hall County 4-H'ers, age 5-18; pre-registration is required. Contact Melinda (308) 385-5088 for more information.
- Plant Science Contest - Usually held in late May or early June at the Extension office. More information to come in the Spring!
- Ice Cream Roll (info & recipes) - Date: Usually held in late June or early July at the Fonner Park Cafe at Fonner Park.
- Culinary Challenge (formerly known as the Favorite Food Revue) - Date: Usually held in late June or early July at the Fonner Park Cafe at Fonner Park. The contest is open to any 4-H member enrolled in a Foods project. Each exhibit will consist of a theme (4-H member’s choice), a menu card, one food item prepared from the menu, recipe for the prepared food item, one or two place settings and a centerpiece. Call the Extension Office to pre-register. Please call Cami at (308) 385-5088 if you have any questions or can help at the event.
Hall County 4-H Fine Arts Night
(A Combination of Speech & Talent Contests)
Date: March 26, 2018 at 6:30 pm, College Park Theater
Excited about 4-H? Express yourself verbally through the 4-H Public Speaking Contest or perform a talent at the 4-H Fine Arts Night. Youth have the opportunity to write a Speech or a Public Service Announcement (PSA) that incorporates the topic of 4-H and deliver it to an audience. The 4-H Public Speaking Contest helps youth develop skills for communicating about current issues to real audiences, learn how to organize and prepare a speech, develop speech delivery skills, learn how to present themselves to others, and develop self-confidence.
Hall County 4-H offers many different disciplines with certified 4-H Shooting Sports leaders. Check out all of the upcoming Hall County Shooting Sports events & leader information (coming Spring 2018!). All Hall County 4-H members who participate in practices and competitions must have completed the parental authorization in 4-H Online. If you have any questions, please call the Extension office at (308) 385-5088.
Upcoming Shows & Events in Nebraska: Horse, Livestock & Small Animal
- 24th - Nebraska Cattlemen's Classic Youth Judging Contest (pdf), Kearney, NE
- 10th - 4-H Horse Stampede, UNL Animal Science Building - Lincoln, NE
- 10th - 4-H Companion Animal Challenge, Animal Science Complex - Lincoln, NE
- 17th - Spring Rabbit Show (pdf), Lancaster Event Center - Lincoln, NE
- 24th-25th - NE 4-H Roping Clinic (pdf), Lilienthal Indoor Arena - Grand Island, NE
- 7th - Grant Beef Progress Show (pdf), Perkins County Fairgrounds - Grant, NE
- 21st - 4-H Poultry Judging Clinic (pdf), UNL Animal Science Dept - Lincoln, NE
- May 30th-June 1st - Nebraska Pork Youth Conference, UNL Animal Science Dept - Lincoln, NE
*More events added as we become aware of them.