- Bicycle Road-E-O - Show off your bicycle skills & knowledge! Date: May 24th, 2018 at 3:30 pm at the Extension office. Open to all Hall County 4-H'ers, age 5-18; pre-registration is required. Contact Megan (308) 385-5088 for more information.
Online Horticulture Judging Contest - Available June 8-18, 2018. Link to participate: https://go.unl.edu/2018hortcontest
The 2018 Nebraska 4-H Online Horticulture Judging Contest is just around the corner. This year the contest will be available from June 8th at 8:00 am until June 18th at 8:00 am. It is composed of three parts; general knowledge questions, plant part and seed identification, as well as a judging portion. It is open to all 4-H youth, as well as adults. Study Materials for the Online Horticulture Judging Contest and the State 4-H Horticulture Judging Contest held during State Fair are the same and they can be found at: http://4h.unl.edu/fairbook/plant-science/horticulture-id. (No study materials are to be used while taking the test.) If you have questions feel free to contact Elizabeth Killinger at firstname.lastname@example.org or 308-385-5088.
- Ice Cream Roll (info & recipes) - Date: Monday, July 2, 2018 (rescheduled from June 25) at the Fonner Park Cafe at Fonner Park. 4-H’ers enrolled in the Cooking 101 or Making Food for Me (Clover Kids) projects may participate in the Ice Cream Roll. Call the Extension Office to pre-register and reserve a time. Starting times are every half hour from 4:30 p.m. to 6:30 p.m. Arrive at the time slot you have selected to begin measuring, mixing and rolling.
- Culinary Challenge - Date: Monday, July 2, 2018 (rescheduled from June 25) at the Fonner Park Cafe at Fonner Park. The contest is open to any 4-H member enrolled in a Foods project. Each exhibit will consist of a theme (4-H member’s choice), a menu card, one food item prepared from the menu, recipe for the prepared food item, one or two place settings and a centerpiece. Call the Extension Office to pre-register. Please call Cami at (308) 385-5088 if you have any questions or can help at the event.
Hall County 4-H Fine Arts Night
(A Combination of Speech & Talent Contests)
Date: March 26, 2018 at 6:30 pm, College Park Theater
Excited about 4-H? Express yourself verbally through the 4-H Public Speaking Contest or perform a talent at the 4-H Fine Arts Night. Youth have the opportunity to write a Speech or a Public Service Announcement (PSA) that incorporates the topic of 4-H and deliver it to an audience. The 4-H Public Speaking Contest helps youth develop skills for communicating about current issues to real audiences, learn how to organize and prepare a speech, develop speech delivery skills, learn how to present themselves to others, and develop self-confidence.
Hall County 4-H offers many different disciplines with certified 4-H Shooting Sports leaders. Check out all of the upcoming Hall County Shooting Sports events & leader information. All Hall County 4-H members who participate in practices and competitions must have completed the parental authorization in 4-H Online. If you have any questions, please call the Extension office at (308) 385-5088.
Upcoming Shows & Events in Nebraska: Horse, Livestock & Small Animal
Feb-June - Great Plains Livestock Judging Circuit (pdf), Various dates & locations
- June-September - Loup Valley Conference 4-H Horse Show Series (pdf), Various dates & locations
- 2nd, 16th, 23rd - Tri County Horse Show High Point (pdf) - Ogallala, Grant, Imperial (*see starred events below)
- 16th - Stanton Co. FFA Progress Show (Beef, Sheep, Goats) (pdf), Fairgrounds - Stanton, NE
- 16th - Dawes Co. Goat, Beef & Sheep 4-H Progress Show (pdf), Fairgrounds - Chadron, NE
- 16th - 4-H Regional Dairy Goat Show (pdf), Fairgrounds - Clay Center, NE
- 16th* - Perkins County Trail Riders 4-H Horse Show (pdf), Fairgrounds - Grant, NE
- 17th - Red Willow County Beef Progress Show (pdf), Fairgrounds - McCook, NE
- 17th - Platte County Swine Progress Show (pdf), Fairgrounds - Columbus, NE
- 18th - Western Livestock Challenge (pdf), Fairgrounds - Hemingford, NE
- 22nd-23rd - Buckle Up Show Camp (sheep & goats) (pdf), Merrick Co Fairgrounds - Central City, NE
- 23rd - 5th Annual Panhandle Progress Show (beef, sheep, meat goat) (pdf), Fairgrounds - Hemingford, NE
- 23rd - Wheeler County Beef Progress Show (pdf), Fairgrounds - Bartlett, NE
- 23rd - 32nd Annual Papio Valley 4-H Show (beef, sheep & goats) (pdf), Sarpy Co Fairgrounds - Springfield, NE
- 23rd - Bridle & Saddle 4-H & Open Horse Show (pdf), Cass Co Fairgrounds - Weeping Water, NE
- 23rd* - Chase County Classic 4-H Horse Show (pdf), Fairgrounds - Imperial, NE
- 24th - The Final Drive 3rd Annual Sheep & Goat Progress Show (pdf), Fillmore Co Fairgrounds - Geneva, NE
- 24th - Sandy Spurs Bucket Calf Clinic & Show (pdf), Antelope Co Fairgrounds - Neligh, NE
- 30th - 4-H Invitational Horse Show (pdf), Buffalo Co Fairgrounds - Kearney, NE
- 30th - Platte Valley 4 Paws Open Dog Show (pdf), Fairgrounds - North Platte, NE; Registration
- 7th - Custer County Swine Preview (pdf), Fairgrounds - Broken Bow, NE
*More events added as we become aware of them.