Hall County 4-H offers many different disciplines with certified 4-H Shooting Sports leaders. Check out all of the upcoming Hall County Shooting Sports events & leader information. All Hall County 4-H members who participate in practices and competitions must have completed the parental authorization in 4-H Online. If you have any questions, please call the Extension office at (308) 385-5088.
- Bicycle Road-E-O - Show off your bicycle skills & knowledge! Date: Usually late May or early June. Open to all Hall County 4-H'ers, age 5-18; pre-registration is required. Contact Megan (308) 385-5088 for more information.
Online Horticulture Judging Contest - Available in June 2019.
It is composed of three parts; general knowledge questions, plant part and seed identification, as well as a judging portion. It is open to all 4-H youth, as well as adults. Study Materials for the Online Horticulture Judging Contest and the State 4-H Horticulture Judging Contest held during State Fair are the same and they can be found at: http://4h.unl.edu/fairbook/plant-science/horticulture-id. (No study materials are to be used while taking the test.) If you have questions feel free to contact Elizabeth Killinger at firstname.lastname@example.org or 308-385-5088.
- Ice Cream Roll (info & recipes) - Date: late June or early July, at the Fonner Park Cafe at Fonner Park. 4-H’ers enrolled in the Cooking 101 or Making Food for Me (Clover Kids) projects may participate in the Ice Cream Roll. Call the Extension Office to pre-register and reserve a time. Starting times are every half hour from 4:30 p.m. to 6:30 p.m. Arrive at the time slot you have selected to begin measuring, mixing and rolling.
- Culinary Challenge - Date: late June or early July, at the Fonner Park Cafe at Fonner Park. The contest is open to any 4-H member enrolled in a Foods project. Each exhibit will consist of a theme (4-H member’s choice), a menu card, one food item prepared from the menu, recipe for the prepared food item, one or two place settings and a centerpiece. Call the Extension Office to pre-register. Please call Cami at (308) 385-5088 if you have any questions or can help at the event.
Hall County 4-H Fine Arts Night
(A Combination of Speech & Talent Contests)
Date: March 18, 2019 - 6:30 pm - College Park Auditorium, Grand Island
Excited about 4-H? Express yourself verbally through the 4-H Public Speaking Contest or perform a talent at the 4-H Fine Arts Night. Youth have the opportunity to write a Speech or a Public Service Announcement (PSA) that incorporates the topic of 4-H and deliver it to an audience. The 4-H Public Speaking Contest helps youth develop skills for communicating about current issues to real audiences, learn how to organize and prepare a speech, develop speech delivery skills, learn how to present themselves to others, and develop self-confidence. Registration forms are due to the Extension office by March 1.
- Hall County 4-H Speech Registration Form (pdf)
- Rules & Guidelines for Public Speaking (Hall Co Fairbook) (pdf)
- Hall County 4-H Talent Show Registration Form (pdf)
Upcoming Shows & Events in Nebraska: Horse, Livestock & Small Animal
- March 24 - 3rd Annual Tack Swap & Fun Run Jackpot Barrel Race (jpg), Merrick Co Fairgrounds, Central City, NE
- March 30 - York-Hamilton Cattlemen’s Beef Progress Show (pdf), York Co Fairgrounds, York, NE - Entry Form
- March 30 - 4-H Companion Animal Challenge, Animal Science Complex - UNL East Campus, Lincoln, NE
- March 30 - 4-H Horse Stampede, Animal Science Complex - UNL East Campus, Lincoln, NE
- April 6 - Burt County Beef Preview, Fairgrounds, Oakland NE - entry form
- April 13 - Seward Calf Classic (pdf), Fairgrounds, Seward NE
- April 13 - Prospect Beef Show in Grant (pdf), Fairgrounds, Grant NE
- April 14 - Open Horse Show (jpg), Buffalo Co Fairgrounds, Kearney NE
- April 27 - 4-Hooves Spring Horse Show (pdf), Keith Co Fairgrounds, Ogallala NE
- April 27 - 4-H Spring Rabbit Show, Lancaster Event Center, Lincoln NE
- May 3-5 - Friends of the Peckerneck Trail Ride (jpg), Alma NE
- May 19 - Open Horse Show (jpg), Buffalo Co Fairgrounds, Kearney NE
- May 29 - 4-H Horse Judging Contest (pdf), Pitzer's Ranch Arena, Ericson NE
- May 30 - Northeast Nebraska 4-H Horse Show (pdf), Ridge Ranch Arena near Homer, NE
- June 4-6 - Fort Robinson 4-H Horse Camp (pdf), Fort Robinson State Park, Chadron, NE, Registration form
- June 16 - Red Willow County Beef Progress Show (pdf), Fairgrounds, McCook, NE
*More events added as we become aware of them.