- Bicycle Road-E-O - Show off your bicycle skills & knowledge! Date: May 24th, 2018 at 3:30 pm at the Extension office. Open to all Hall County 4-H'ers, age 5-18; pre-registration is required. Contact Megan (308) 385-5088 for more information.
- Ice Cream Roll (info & recipes) - Date: Usually held in late June or early July at the Fonner Park Cafe at Fonner Park.
- Culinary Challenge (formerly known as the Favorite Food Revue) - Date: Usually held in late June or early July at the Fonner Park Cafe at Fonner Park. The contest is open to any 4-H member enrolled in a Foods project. Each exhibit will consist of a theme (4-H member’s choice), a menu card, one food item prepared from the menu, recipe for the prepared food item, one or two place settings and a centerpiece. Call the Extension Office to pre-register. Please call Cami at (308) 385-5088 if you have any questions or can help at the event.
Hall County 4-H Fine Arts Night
(A Combination of Speech & Talent Contests)
Date: March 26, 2018 at 6:30 pm, College Park Theater
Excited about 4-H? Express yourself verbally through the 4-H Public Speaking Contest or perform a talent at the 4-H Fine Arts Night. Youth have the opportunity to write a Speech or a Public Service Announcement (PSA) that incorporates the topic of 4-H and deliver it to an audience. The 4-H Public Speaking Contest helps youth develop skills for communicating about current issues to real audiences, learn how to organize and prepare a speech, develop speech delivery skills, learn how to present themselves to others, and develop self-confidence.
Hall County 4-H offers many different disciplines with certified 4-H Shooting Sports leaders. Check out all of the upcoming Hall County Shooting Sports events & leader information. All Hall County 4-H members who participate in practices and competitions must have completed the parental authorization in 4-H Online. If you have any questions, please call the Extension office at (308) 385-5088.
Upcoming Shows & Events in Nebraska: Horse, Livestock & Small Animal
Feb-June - Great Plains Livestock Judging Circuit (pdf), Various dates & locations
- 28th - Horse Judging School, UNL Animal Science Complex - Lincoln, NE
- 5th - Nuckolls County Livestock Judging Contest (pdf), Fairgrounds - Nelson, NE
- 5th - 2018 Horse Dressage Schooling Show, Lancaster Event Center - Lincoln, NE
- 6th - "Ride-A-Test" Dressage Clinic, Lancaster Event Center - Lincoln, NE
- 7th - Hayes County 4-H & FFA Livestock Judging Contest (pdf), Fairgrounds - Hayes Center, NE
- 23rd-24th - Standard of Excellence Livestock Judging Camp, NCTA Campus - Curtis, NE
- 24th - Youth Animal Science Field Day (pdf), NCTA Campus - Curtis, NE
- 26th-27th - Boone County Beef, Swine, Goat, Sheep-A-Ramas (pdf), Fairgrounds - Albion, NE
- 31st - South Central NE Spring Livestock Judging Clinic & Contest (pdf), Webster County Fairgrounds - Bladen, NE
- May 30th-June 1st - Nebraska Pork Youth Conference, UNL Animal Science Dept - Lincoln, NE
- 2nd - Phelps County 4-H Small Animal Progress Show (pdf), Fairgrounds - Holdrege, NE
- 2nd - Phelps County 4-H Beef Progress Show (pdf), Fairgrounds - Holdrege, NE
- 2nd - South Central Livestock Exposition (beef, sheep, goats) (pdf), Fairgrounds - Bladen, NE
- 5th-7th OR 11th-13th - Winners Unlimited Livestock Judging Camp (pdf), UNL Animal Science Dept - Lincoln, NE
- 7th-9th - 4-H Horse Camp (pdf), Fort Robinson State Park - Crawford, NE, Camp registration form, Camp Scholarship application
- 9th - Best of the West Livestock Judging Contest (pdf), Lincoln County Fairgrounds - North Platte, NE
- 9th - Progress Beef Show (pdf), Cheyenne Co Fairgrounds - Sidney, NE
- 9th - Bit 'N Spur 4-H Horse Show (pdf), Fairgrounds - McCook, NE
- 10th - 4-H Horse Show (pdf), Fairgrounds - Wahoo, NE
- 10th - Sheridan Co. Goat, Beef & Sheep 4-H Progress Show (pdf), Fairgrounds - Gordon, NE
- 16th - Dawes Co. Goat, Beef & Sheep 4-H Progress Show (pdf), Fairgrounds - Chadron, NE
- 16th - 4-H Regional Dairy Goat Show (pdf), Fairgrounds - Clay Center, NE
- 16th - Perkins County Trail Riders 4-H Horse Show (pdf), Fairgrounds - Grant, NE
- 18th - Western Livestock Challenge (pdf), Fairgrounds - Hemingford, NE
- 23rd - Bridle & Saddle 4-H & Open Horse Show (pdf), Cass Co Fairgrounds - Weeping Water, NE
- 23rd - Chase County Classic 4-H Horse Show (pdf), Fairgrounds - Imperial, NE
*More events added as we become aware of them.