4-H Fashion Show
- Click here to see the 2020 Hall County 4-H Virtual Fashion Show Results!
- Bicycle Road-E-O - Show off your bicycle skills & knowledge! Watch the 4-H newsletter for more information! Open to all Hall County 4-H'ers, age 5-18; pre-registration is required. Contact Melinda (308) 385-5088 for more information.
- Click here to see the 2020 Hall County 4-H Bike Road-E-O Participants!
Online Horticulture Judging Contest - The contest will be available June 5-22, 2020 at: https://go.unl.edu/hortcontest.
The Nebraska 4-H Online Horticulture Judging Contest is composed of three parts; general knowledge questions, plant part and seed identification, as well as a judging portion. It is open to all 4-H youth.
Rules, guidelines & study materials for the Online Horticulture Judging Contest and the State 4-H Horticulture Judging Contest held during State Fair can be found at: http://4h.unl.edu/fairbook/plant-science/horticulture-id. (No study materials are to be used while taking the test.)
If you have questions, feel free to contact Elizabeth Killinger at firstname.lastname@example.org or 308-385-5088.
- Ice Cream Roll - 2020 Family Challenge Ice Cream Roll (or Toss)!
Now the whole family can participate in our traditional ice cream roll and enjoy some delicious ice cream! Follow directions for making ice cream or ice cream in a bag (if you don't have coffee cans). Then, submit a photo of you or your family with your ice cream, along with 2-3 sentences of what flavor of ice cream you made and what you enjoyed about making ice cream with your family. Participate any time between now and July 10!
Click on https://extension.unl.edu/statewide/hall/virtual-4-h-ice-cream-roll for recipes and directions. Submit your photo: https://go.unl.edu/ice-cream. A special award will be given to the family with the most unique ice cream flavor, and all 4-H members submitting a photo will receive a participation ribbon and a small prize.
- Virtual Culinary Challenge - Date: July 14, 2020, via zoom. The contest is open to any 4-H member enrolled in a Foods project. Each exhibit will consist of a theme (4-H member’s choice), a menu card, one food item prepared from the menu, recipe for the prepared food item, one or two place settings and a centerpiece. Call the Extension Office to pre-register. Please call Cami at (308) 385-5088 if you have any questions.
Hall County 4-H Fine Arts Night - VIRTUAL
(A Combination of Speech & Talent Contests)
- Click here to see the 2020 Hall County 4-H Fine Arts Night Results!
Excited about 4-H? Express yourself verbally through the 4-H Public Speaking Contest or perform a talent at the 4-H Fine Arts Night. Youth have the opportunity to write a Speech or a Public Service Announcement (PSA) that incorporates the topic of 4-H and deliver it to an audience. The 4-H Public Speaking Contest helps youth develop skills for communicating about current issues to real audiences, learn how to organize and prepare a speech, develop speech delivery skills, learn how to present themselves to others, and develop self-confidence.
For questions or more information, contact Megan at email@example.com or leave a message at (308) 385-5088.
Hall County 4-H offers many different disciplines with certified 4-H Shooting Sports leaders. Check out all of the upcoming Hall County Shooting Sports events & leader information. All Hall County 4-H members who participate in practices and competitions must have enrolled in 4-H and completed the parental authorization in 4-H Online. If you have any questions, please call the Extension office at (308) 385-5088.
Upcoming Shows & Events in Nebraska: Horse, Livestock & Small Animal
*More events added as we become aware of them.