- Bicycle Road-E-O - Date: June 2, 2021 @ 3:30 pm at the Hall County Extension Office (subject to change). Show off your bicycle skills & knowledge! Open to all Hall County 4-H'ers, age 5-18; pre-registration is required. Contact Megan at (308) 385-5088 for more information.
Online Horticulture Judging Contest - The contest will be available June 4-21, 2021 at: https://go.unl.edu/21onlinehortcontest.
Horticulture judging contest consists of three parts. The first is identification of plant material. Participants identify the plants by common name from a plant list. Specimens may be alive or preserved plant parts like stems, twigs, leaves, flowers, seeds, fruits, roots, bulbs, tubers, or plant products.
The second is a knowledge portion, usually in the form of a true/false or multiple choice quiz. Questions will test the contestant's knowledge of cultural practices for horticultural crops, plant science, pesticides, horticultural careers and other topics related to the production, processing and consumption of horticultural crops.
The last portion is judging or placings. This is where four different plants, plates of vegetables, or containers flowers are ranked from best to worst based on a set of criteria. Classes are judged on the basis of condition, quality, uniformity, true-to-type, and size.
More details at: https://4h.unl.edu/online-horticulture-judging-contest
More information about the Nebraska State contest can be found in the Fairbook https://4hfairbook.unl.edu/fairbookview.php/contests/45 .
If you have questions, feel free to contact Elizabeth Exstrom at firstname.lastname@example.org or 308-385-5088.
- Ice Cream Roll - Date: late June or early July (TBA). The contest is open to any 4-H member enrolled in Cooking 101 (or Making Food for Me for Clover Kids).
- Culinary Challenge - Date: late June or early July (TBA). The contest is open to any 4-H member enrolled in a Foods project. Each exhibit will consist of a theme (4-H member’s choice), a menu card, one food item prepared from the menu, recipe for the prepared food item, one or two place settings and a centerpiece. Call the Extension Office to pre-register. Please call Cami at (308) 385-5088 if you have any questions.
Hall County 4-H Fine Arts Night
(A Combination of Speech & Talent Contests)
Date: Tuesday, May 25, 2021 @ 6:30 pm, College Park Auditorium
(Registrations due May 4, 2021 to the Hall County Extension Office.)
Excited about 4-H? Express yourself verbally through the 4-H Public Speaking Contest or perform a talent at the 4-H Fine Arts Night. Youth have the opportunity to write a Speech or a Public Service Announcement (PSA) that incorporates the topic of 4-H and deliver it to an audience. The 4-H Public Speaking Contest helps youth develop skills for communicating about current issues to real audiences, learn how to organize and prepare a speech, develop speech delivery skills, learn how to present themselves to others, and develop self-confidence.
- 2021 Hall County Speech Contest Registration (pdf fillable)
- Speech Contest Rules from Hall County 4-H Fair Book (pdf)
- 2021 Hall County Talent Show Registration (pdf fillable)
For questions or more information, contact Megan at email@example.com or (308) 385-5088.
Hall County 4-H offers many different disciplines with certified 4-H Shooting Sports leaders. Check out all of the upcoming Hall County Shooting Sports events & leader information. All Hall County 4-H members who participate in practices and competitions must have enrolled in 4-H (ne.4honline.com) and completed the parental authorization in 4-H Online before the first practice. If you have any questions, please call the Extension office at (308) 385-5088.
Upcoming Shows & Events in Nebraska: Horse, Livestock & Small Animal
- February-June - Great Plains Livestock Judging Circuit (pdf), Various Dates & Locations
- Junior Nebraska Cattlemen - Sanctioned Shows Website
- April 24 - Seward Calf Classic (pdf), Seward County Fairgrounds in Seward, NE
- April 24-25 - Loup Valley 4-H Horse Conference (pdf), Merrick County Fairgrounds in Central City, NE
- May 22 - Loup River Beef Preview (pdf), Howard County Fairgrounds in St. Paul, NE, Registration Form
- May 22 - Small Animal Workshop-Frontier County (png), Farnam Park in Farnam, NE
- May 26 - 4-H Horse Judging Contest (pdf), Pitzer Ranch Arena in Ericson, NE
- June 3 - South Central Livestock Judging Clinic & Contest (pdf), Webster Co. Fairgrounds in Bladen, NE
- June 5 - Sherman County Showdown-Beef Progress Show, Fairgrounds in Loup City, NE
- June 5 - 4-H Beef Progress Show (pdf), Phelps Co. Fairgrounds in Holdrege, NE
- June 5 - Small Animal Progress Show (png), Phelps Co. Fairgrounds in Holdrege, NE
- June 9-11 - UNL Livestock Judging Camp, UNL East Campus in Lincoln, NE
- June 10-12 - 4-H Horse Camp (pdf), Fort Robinson State Park, Crawford, NE, Registration Form, Horse Camp Scholarship Application
- June 12 - Perkins County Beef Prospect Show (pdf), Fairgrounds in Grant, NE
- June 19 - Keith County Beef Progress Show, Fairgrounds in Ogallala, NE
- June 19 - 4-H Invitational Horse Show (pdf), Buffalo Co. Fairgrounds in Kearney, NE
- June 20 - Platte County Swine Progress Show (pdf), Ag Park in Columbus, NE
- June 26 - Silver Spurs 4-H Horse Show (pdf), Chase Co. Fairgrounds in Imperial, NE
*More events added as we become aware of them.