The Farmers & Ranchers College was formed in January 2000 with the purpose of providing high quality, dynamic, up to date educational workshops for area agricultural producers in south central Nebraska through a collaborative effort between business, industry and higher education leaders. Furthermore, the Farmers & Ranchers College will provide the tools necessary so that agricultural producers will be able to respond positively to these changes using a profitable decision-making process.
Population growth puts a greater stress on expanding yields for food, which still encouraging resource stewardship. To help meet this challenge, we share unbiased, research‐based information for a diversified agricultural audience.
Active in all 93 counties and at extension.unl.edu/croppingwater
Cropping & Water Systems
Latest Updates from cropwatch.unl.edu
- This Week on N Field: Leafy Spurge Management
- Major Nebraska Rivers and Their Drainages: Part 4
- Crop Progress: Corn Planting Wraps Up, Winter Wheat Condition Declines
- Pasture and Forage Minute: Controlling Alfalfa Weevil and Leafy Spurge, First Cutting Alfalfa
- Wheat Disease Update for June 1, 2023
- Wheat Management Field Day June 8 Near Diller
- Pesticide Container Recycling Continues in 2023
- Estimated Crop Water Use for May 29-June 4, 2023