4-H'ers who are seniors have many exciting opportunities during their last year of school, one of which is planning for what to do after High School. If plans include college, please take the time to consider applying for some scholarships available to you through Cass County 4-H. Review the letter sent to 4-H Cass Country seniors.
Application forms and information are shown below. Each scholarship has different requirements and deadlines, plesae note them carefully. Application due dates are firm. Local scholarships must include a letter of recommendation and need to be sent or delivered to the Cass County Extension Office. Verification of your 4-H Status as required for the applications will be done by the Extension staff, or your 4-H Leader.
- Martha and Don Romeo Scholarship - (95.7 KB) This scholarship is awarded from the Nebraska Association of Fair Managers. Deadline is December 1, 2018.
- Freel/Lepert Family Scholarship (7.0 KB) - local Cass County Scholarship. Send or deliver completed application form with educational plans & future goals, plus a descriptive story of your 4-H career to the Cass County Extension Office no later than March 1st, 2019.
- David Knabe Memorial Scholarship - local Cass County Scholarship. Send or deliver completed application form to the Cass County Extension Office no later than March 1st, 2019.
- NACEB 2018-2019 Scholarship Program - The Nebraska Association of County Extension Boards (NACEB) Scholarship Program for the current academic year. Scholarship Includes: One $1,000 scholarship at the University of Nebraska-Lincoln College of Agricultural Sciences and Natural Resources (CASNR) or in the College of Education and Human Sciences (CEHS) for an incoming student (freshmen or transfer student) | One $1000 scholarship for a current student (sophomore or higher) enrolled in CASNR or CEHS. Application & Details Coming Soon. The application is done on-line. Application due March 16th, 2019.
- Weeping Water Whiz Kidz Scholarship (92.18 KB) - local Cass County Scholarship - Send or deliver completed application form to the Cass County Extension Office no later than April 1, 2019.
- Ag Leaders Leadership Scholarship from AkSarBen. Application Deadline: December 31, 2018
- Lockheed Martin STEM Scholarships - Lockheed Martin has launched a new scholarship program to provide opportunities to students who want to build their talents and change the world! Beginning in 2019, they are awarding 200 scholarship of $10,000 per student, renewable each year. The scholarship program doesn't end with a check. Mentoring opportunities will be a key component of the program, and also internship opportunities. 4-Hers should check this out at https://lockheedmartin.com/en-us/who-we-are/communities/stem-education/lm-scholarship-program.html The application period opens on January 15, 2019.
- University of Nebraska Lincoln Teacher Scholars Academy application ... The university is seeking 40 great students who want to build a career in teaching and so contribute to the future of Nebraska's next generation. Application Deadline February 1, 2019.
- Midwest Messenger Scholarship Opportunity for 4-H and FFA Students