Third Tuesday of Each Month Adams County Extension Office Time: 6:30 PM - 7:30 PM
4-H empowers youth to reach their full potential working and learning in partnership with caring adults.
4-H is education for life that uses a learn-by-doing approach.
Active in all 93 counties and at 4h.unl.edu
Adams County 4-H
The Nebraska Extension Special Agronomy Project gives 4-H members an opportunity to experience a crop that is grown, was grown or has the potential to be grown in Nebraska. Youth participate by receiving seed and resources to grow the crop, research traits of the crop and determine the viability of that crop in the part of the state they live. The project allows 4-H members interested in agronomy to grow something fun, new, and different.
Attention all 12 to 15 year olds who are interested in learning more about Nebraska agriculture. To apply to be part of the Adams/Webster BRAG Class in 2023, complete and submit the application by Wednesday, January 4, 2023 to the Extension Office.
The Special Garden Project is a way to offer Nebraska youth the chance to grow unusual and fun projects in their gardens. The time has come to unveil the 2023 Special Garden Project plant (drumroll please….).
What a successful Adams County 4-H Fair in 2022. Pictures of Fair Activities are available thru the link in the Article.
Nebraska 4-H requires all youth enrolled in livestock projects to complete annual quality assurance certification through Youth for the Quality Care of Animals (YQCA). YQCA is a national multi-species quality assurance program focused on three core pillars: food safety, animal well-being, and character development. Trainings for 2023 Adams County Youth begin in February
Latest Updates from Statewide 4-H
- Nebraska 4-H youth will participate in Omaha Fashion Week
- Two delegates and two alternates selected to represent Nebraska at National 4-H Conference
- Fifteen teens selected as Nebraska delegates for National 4-H Congress
- Lancaster County 4-H members earn Nebraska 4-H Gives Back Award for addressing local food insecurity
- Four teens appointed to 4-H Leadership Ambassador program
- Fed Steer Challenge cultivates next generation of cattle industry leaders
- 4-H'ers strut their stuff on the State Fair runway
- Nebraska youth test their agronomy knowledge at Crop Scouting Competition