Thayer County 4-H Council Scholarship-Due Dec. 15th, 2023!
The Thayer County 4-H Council is awarding scholarships to high school graduating seniors that meet the requirments:
- Graduate from high school during the spring of the current year.
- Have been enrolled in 4-H for four consecutive years, including this past year.
- Submitted 4-H Achievement Application Record Books by the county record book dealine for their junior and senior year.
Submit application information page, resume, & essay to the Thayer County Extension office by December 15th, 2023 4:30pm.
4-H Foundation Scholarship-Due Jan. 5th, 2024
The Nebraska 4-H Foundation offers 4-H members the opportunity to apply for scholarships. The Nebraska 4-H Foundation awards up to $22,000 worth of scholarships each year to 4-H’ers from across the state.
To apply for scholarships, 4-H’ers must submit the Nebraska 4-H Achievement Application for state-level review by January 5th. Youth must follow the application instructions available on the Nebraska 4-H Achievement Application webpage. If applying for multiple scholarships, only one Achievement Application should be submitted. An applicant must select the scholarship to which he/she feels qualified.
4-H youth may want to visit with the Extension Office in their county and the financial aid office at the college of their choice. There may be other grants, scholarships, or low-interest loans for which they may be eligible.
Scholarship availability may change at any time without prior notice.
For more information of specific scholarships: https://www.ne4hfoundation.org/scholarships/
Use of Information
The information submitted in the Achievement Application is confidential. Personal information about scholarship winners may be used in local publicity and press releases.
Note: Only the application review committee will have access to transcripts and test scores.
Don & Martha Romeo Scholarship-Due November 30th, 2023!
On behalf of the Nebraska Association of Fair Managers, we would like to present the Don and Martha Romeo Scholarship to one qualifying 4-H male and to one qualifying 4-H female who are graduating seniors in the State of Nebraska and who plans to continue with post high school education for the amount of $500 each. The scholarship will be awarded at the annual NAFM convention in January. Two individuals (one male/one female) will be selected from Thayer County to move on.
- Each applicant much have exhibited his/her 4-H projects in a County Fair or at the State Fair within the last four years.
- Each applicant much hold a 2. 5 high school grade point average. Each applicant must also maintain a 2.5 grade point average for the first semester in college and carry at least 12 credit hours.
- Each applicant must agree to apply the scholarship funds for tuition or fees at a two or four year college or its equivalent, to be judged by the committee.
- Each applicant must exhibit during the application process a desire to achieve the goals of which he/she is capable.
- Financial need will not be considered in the selection process.
- One male and/or female finalist will be selected by the 4-H award committee in each local Extension Office.
- Recipients are requested to personally accept the award at the Nebraska Fair Managers Convention.