Saunders County Horse Program
Horse Information Night held March 27th
- Saunders County Fair Horse Show
- July 25, 2023
- County Entry Form
- Horse ID Form
- If exhibiting in the 2 & 3-year old Western Pleasure classes download and complete the Two & Three year old Affidavit
For detailed Stampede, district and state horse program information please visit: https://4h.unl.edu/horse
4-H Horse Stampede:
The Nebraska 4-H Horse Stampede offers a variety of 4-H horse contests that do not require live animals, including public speaking, demonstration, quiz bowl, art, and photography contests. Youth have the opportunity to display their equine knowledge through these contests both as an individual and as part of a team. The 4-H Horse Stampede is held annually at the UNL Animal Science Complex in Lincoln, Nebraska. This year's event will be held Saturday, March 25, 2023.
There is a $10 entry fee per participant and $10 office fee per exhibitor. Event shirts are also available for pre-order. All orders, fees, and entry forms must be submitted online by March 6, 2023. The Saunders County 4-H Council covers entry fees, provide the extension office with a recipet of your entries for payment.
Nebraska 4-H Horse show dress code is required for all in-person contests. Please see pages 23-24 of the Nebraska 4-H Horse Show and Judging Guide for details. Exception: No hats or headgear are permitted.
For more information visit- https://4h.unl.edu/horse-stampede
State Horse Show- Entries, Horse ID's and Level Testing Due June 1
- State 4-H Horse Show
- July 15-19, 2023 @ Fonner Park, Grand Island
Entry Forms and ID Sheet
- Due by June 1
- Entry- Completed online here (online entry)
- ID Sheet (due to extension office)
- If exhibiting in the 2 & 3-year old Western Pleasure classes at the State 4-H Horse Show, download and complete the 2 & 3 Year Old Affidavit.
Nebraska Equine Webinar Series
Past Webinars: https://4h.unl.edu/horse/webinar-series
What is Nebraska Equine Webinar Series?
- Every second Monday of every month
- Topics include: nutrition, disease, biosecurity, parasites, equipment, rulebook, judging, vet care, confirmation.
These webinars will be a great place for 4-H leaders/parents and senior aged youth to gain knowledge in many different areas.