You received the Platte County Fair book, now what? Watch this informational video to help you understand the contents of the book.
4-H empowers youth to reach their full potential working and learning in partnership with caring adults.
4-H is education for life that uses a learn-by-doing approach.
Active in all 93 counties and at 4h.unl.edu
Good Luck at the Platte County Fair!
Youth in grades K-8 are invited to join us for a Progressive Agriculture Safety Day on May 26th at Ag Park, Columbus. A $5.00 paid registration must be received by May 21, 2021.
For 2021 the "Growing Clovers", a 4-H club for Clover Kids, is open to all youth who turn 6, 7 or 8 during the calendar year and enrolled in 4-H. Clover Kids in Platte County have their own opportunity to have their projects interview judged at the Platte County Fair. The Platte County Clover Kid Curriculum Guide (updated November 2020) reviews the projects and resources available.
Cooperation between schools and Nebraska Extension has existed for 40 year in Platte County, complementing the educational goals of both organizations. The materials used in 4-H are based on research and produced by specialists from the University of Nebraska, National 4-H Council and various universities and organizations throughout the United States. 4-H School Enrichment resources include teacher guides, student manuals, multi-media tools, teaching kits and staff presentations. For 2020 and 2021 school years, School Enrichment looks a little different.
Latest Updates from Statewide 4-H
- New awards program honors outstanding 4-H volunteers across Nebraska
- Week of the Volunteer Lunch & Learn registration now open
- Project of the Year Kits now available
- Big Red Camp registration now open
- Youth in Action Awards applications are open
- New 4-H livestock opportunities at the 2021 Nebraska State Fair
- Volunteer recognition nominations are now open
- Celebrate Nebraska 4-H Month throughout February