What is 4-H?
4-H is a youth development organization that provides experiential learning for young people across the world. Through this "learn by doing" approach, 4-H youth learn leadership, citizenship and life skills that empower them for a lifetime. 4-H encourages youth to reach their full potential through learning experiences, completing projects, developing community, and volunteering.
In Nebraska, 4-H is provided through Nebraska Extension in cooperation with county governing boards, the University of Nebraska, and the United States Department of Agriculture. Through these strong partnerships, Extension Staff are able to deliver 4-H and other agriculture and community services to youth, families, and producers across the state.
How can I learn more about 4-H?
- Contact our office.
- Our office is open Monday-Friday, 8:00am-5:00pm. Stop by for in-person help!
- Email the 4-H Program: email@example.com
- Call: 402-362-5508
We are excited to have you join the 4-H family in York County! . See the headlines below for Frequently Asked Questions and assistance with 4HOnline registration.
Questions about York County 4-H:
How old do you have to be to enroll in 4-H?
- Clover Kids enroll at age 5 (age as of January 1st)
- Regular 4-Hers enroll at age 8 to 18 (age as of January 1st )
Do youth, leaders, and volunteers all need to re-enroll each year?
If there a fee to join 4-H?
Yes, there is a $5.00 enrollment fee for each youth enrolled in the York County 4-H program.
What is the benefit of being in a 4-H club?
There are many benefits of being in a club; friendship and fellowship, opportunity for leadership development, plus strides in selfconfidence, learning to work with others, and communication skills. Problem solving, citizenship, expanded horizons, organizational skills, respect for and from others, patience, tolerance, and real-world experience! The club leader will help you with decision making, keep you informed about project announcements and deadlines, and will be a great encouragment!
How many clubs are active in York County?
There are over 11 4-H clubs in York County Nebraska...including livestock clubs, STEM clubs, sewing clubs, general clubs, shooting sports clubs, etc. If you are interested in joining a York County club, please call the Extension Office at 402-362-5508 and we will give you information.
Current 4-H Club (as of January 2020) ... Anything Goes, Clay Busters, Creative Clovers, Gizmos N Gears, Gresham Livestock, Happy Hoppers, High Point Livestock, Lively Livestock, McClover Jct, Waco Livestock, and Yorkstreet 4-H.
Enrollment via 4HOnline
- Helpful steps for first time enroll Helpful steps for returning member enroll
- 4HOnline steps to re-enroll a volunteer
- New Volunteer - Steps to Enroll
4-H Project Opportunities
Are you wanting to select a 4-H project, but don't know where to start? Check out the following resources:
- Nebraska Extension Pick Your Project - The Pick Your Project is an online project selection guide for finding both county-only and state fair eligible 4-H fair projects and their resources. Users can search by keywords or browse by project area, curriculum area, and experience level. Project resources and learning objectives are included with each project.
In addition, there are project manuals available for almost every 4-H project. (Available project manuals are listed in the Project Resource Central above.) These written manuals provide hands-on lessons & ideas to help youth acquire new skills and knowledge. The manuals are not required, but can be very helpful. Manuals may be picked up at the Extension office.
If you have questions, please call the York County Extension office at (402) 362-5508. We are here to help!