Youth for the Quality Care of Animals (YQCA)
All youth enrolled in Beef, Goat, Dairy Cattle, Poultry, Rabbit, Swine and/or sheep are required to complete LQCA. Deadline is June 1. 4-H'er will not be able to exhibit animals at the fair if they have not complete the course. Please print completion certificate and turn in to the office.
4-H'er must be Active in 4-H Online to show up in the LQCA system.
YQCA Log In Instructions
- Go to yqca.org from your computer browser and select Sign In/Register Tab.
- Sign in and register using the 4-H Online box.
- Select the name of your organization from the pick list Nebraska 4-H Youth Development.
- Use your 4-H Online user name and password to start the process.
- Select the member name taking the course.
- Select the age of the member in the appropriate box.
- When the age is selected the appropriate courses will be selected.
- Select online choice .
- Select payment method credit cards.
- After completing the 3 courses be sure to save and print out a completion certificate and take it to your Extension Office.
- For swine exhibitors the number on your completion certificate will be used as the number that will be asked for by swine buyers.
- If you encounter problems you can contact email@example.com
Veterinary Feed Directive (VFD)
Effective January 1, 2017 all livestock producers that us antibiotic medicated feeds to prevent, treat or control animal health issues will be required to get a written order or VFD from a veterinarian to purchase and feed these feeds. The regulation will only affect antibiotics administered infeed or water for livestock. The VFD Regulation will affect all food producing animals (sheep, goat, swine, poultry, beef cattle, dairy cattle). Currently there are no feed antimicrobials labeled for rabbits.
Exhibitors of 4-H and FFA beef, sheep, swine and goats that carry an EID tag will be required to obtain a Premises ID number through the Nebraska Department of Agriculture at no cost to the exhibitor.