Youth for the Quality Care of Animals (YQCA)
All youth enrolled in Beef, Goat, Dairy Cattle, Poultry, Rabbit, Swine and/or sheep are required to complete LQCA. Deadline is June 1. 4-H'er will not be able to exhibit animals at the fair if they have not complete the course. Please print completion certificate and turn in to the office.
NEW 2022 - New YQCA website. Parents will be able to create a parent account and add children to the family account.
YQCA Instructions - for help, click the Help Button to send an email or use the chat feature. Customer Support will be provided M-F 10 am - 6 pm CST.
Instructions with visuals.
- Go to yqcaprogram.org from your computer browser and select Login & Register Tab.
- Register to create a new account - this will be your parent account.
- Enter your birthdate.
- Complete registration info for owner of account.
- Retrieve email to validate registraton and complete parental consent.
Add a child.
- Select Add Child.
- Complete reggistration. Select Submit or Submit and Add Another Child.
- Complete Data Sharing Consent.
- View child dashboard to edit child profiles, delete a child and add children.
Purchasing Web Based Training
- Go to Home page and select a course. Select Add to Cart. Multiple courses may be added to cart and multiple licenses of one training can be purchased.
- Select Proceed to Buy.
- Enter credit/debit card details.
- To view purchased trainings select Purchased Courses. Here is a list or courses that have been purchased.
Complete Web-Based Training
- Return to Home page and select Take Course.
- Select user to take course.
- Before launching course, take pre-course survey. NOTE: users ,ust pass 3 quizzes to achieve certification: Animal Well-Being, Food Safety, and Life Skills. Select a Knowlege Builder and Skills Lab to gain knowledge and test skill. User status will show throughout to track progress.
- Select Exit Activity, Jump To or the arrows under the module to return to menu page to select another Knowledge Builder, Skills Lab , or Quiz.
- Once all quizzes hae been passed , sign out.
- Log back in to take post-course survey and access certificate.
- Access your certificate using dropdown menu under Course Certificates. Select the + to see dropdown on completed courses.
- Select the blue button to download certificate.
- On a PC computer, the downloaded PDF will be available in the upper right-hand corner of the screen and in the Downloads folder.
- On a Mac computer, the downloaded PDF will be available in your browser downloads at the bottom of the window and in the Downloads folder.
- On an iPhone, you will have the option to save yoiur downloaded PDF to yoiur photos, files, or other applications you have on your phone.
- Rename and/or move the file to a location that is easilt accessible for future use. To print PDF, select printer icon and send to local printer.
Veterinary Feed Directive (VFD)
Effective January 1, 2017 all livestock producers that us antibiotic medicated feeds to prevent, treat or control animal health issues will be required to get a written order or VFD from a veterinarian to purchase and feed these feeds. The regulation will only affect antibiotics administered infeed or water for livestock. The VFD Regulation will affect all food producing animals (sheep, goat, swine, poultry, beef cattle, dairy cattle). Currently there are no feed antimicrobials labeled for rabbits.
Exhibitors of 4-H and FFA beef, sheep, swine and goats that carry an EID tag will be required to obtain a Premises ID number through the Nebraska Department of Agriculture at no cost to the exhibitor.
Animal ID Sheets
Bucket Calf Record Books
Ages 5 - 7 - Cloverbud