Nebraska Extension Gears Up for 2021 Pesticide Safety TrainingNebraska Extension intends to host in-person pesticide safety education training for both private and commercial/noncommercial applicators in 2021 while adhering to local and state health guidelines.
Ranchers with drought plans make some pivotal moves soonerA recent study by the National Drought Mitigation Center found that having a drought plan increased the likelihood that ranchers took some actions during drought.
High Plains Agricultural Lab Turns 50HPAL’s 2,410 acres consist of working laboratories for both crops and livestock research: 710 acres for crops, divided into 17 fields, and the remaining approximately 1,700 acres for grazing land, divided into 12 pastures.
Extension Crop Production Clinics to go virtual in JanuaryThe 2021 Nebraska Crop Production Clinics will feature live presentations on research updates and information tailored to regional crop issues and grower interests via Zoom for nine days throughout January.
Pest Ed 2021
1) Chadron, Dawes County Fairgrounds, Wed. February 10, 8:30- 12:00 PM - call 308-432-3373 to register
2) Chadron, Dawes County Fairgrounds, Wed. February 10, 1:00 - 4:00 p.m - call 308-432-3373
3) Mirage Flats, St Peters Church, Wed. February 17, 1:00- 4:00 PM - call 308-327-2312 to register
4) Crawford, Community Center, Wed. February 24, 8:30 am. to 12:00 p.m. - call 308-432-3373 to register
5) Crawford, Community Center, Wed. February 24, 1:00- 4:00 PM - call 308-432-3373 to register
6) Rushville, American Legion, Wed. March 3, 8:30 a.m. - 12:00 p.m. - call 308-327-2312 to register
New scholarship opportunity! High school seniors and transfer students who are admitted animal science majors looking to enroll in the Fall 2021 semester at UNL are encouraged to apply. Please visit the website or contact Alli Raymond (firstname.lastname@example.org) for more information. Continue reading…