Dodge County 4-H Ambassador Program
The primary goal of the Dodge County 4-H Ambassador Program is building communication skills to be utilized in an advocacy role for the Dodge County 4-H Program as well as in other aspects of the ambassador's life.
- Youth 16 - 18 years of age on January 1 of the year serving.
- Enrolled as a Dodge County 4-H member.
- Must be an active member of 4-H, either independent or with a club for at least two full year prior to application.
ROLE OF THE DODGE COUNTY 4-H AMBASSADORS:
- ADVOCATES: Ambassadors will represent and promote the Dodge County 4-H and Nebraska 4-H programs at various events such as the Dodge County Fair, Fremont 4-H Expo and other local/regional 4-H events.
- ROLE MODELS: Ambassadors are role models for other youth. They will be respectful, polite and helpful with other 4-H members, adult leaders, and Nebraska Extension staff.
- MENTORS: Ambassadors will have the opportunity to assist with events throughout the county. Their purpose is to assist in educating youth and adults about the 4-H program.
The Dodge County 4-H Ambassador program strives to promote 4-H and encourages youth to become actively involved in their communities. The Dodge County 4-H Ambassadors volunteer their time to assist with a number of county, regional and state events and programs. By assisting with these functions, the Ambassadors will have opportunities to enhance their advocacy and leadership roles with the Dodge County 4-H program and to develop an increased interest in volunteer work and community service.
AMBASSADOR EXPECTATIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Serve as a positive role model to all 4-H youth.
- Assist with 4-H events at the Fremont 4-H Expo, Dodge County Fair and other miscellaneous county, regional or state 4-H events as a Dodge County 4-H Ambassador.
- Represent the Dodge County 4-H Ambassadors during the 4-H Council Pancake Feed at the Dodge County Fair.
- Represent the Dodge County 4-H Ambassadors in the Dodge County Fair Parade.
- Assist with the Dodge County 4-H Achievement Celebration in November or December.
- Attend University of Nebraska-Lincoln Communications Workshop (to be scheduled).
- Develop testimonials about 4-H and its positive impact and submitted with a press release to the local media. (Send copy to the Dodge County Extension Office)
- Assist with new member recruitment by visitng elementary classrooms as well as conducting a mini project fair at school or other community events.
- Assist with 4-H Summer Workshops.
- Develop and lead a group project in your local club.
- Regularly maintain and wear the 4-H Ambassador shirt and nametag while serving as a representative.
- Maintain continued communication with the Nebraska Extension staff.
- Be on time to all scheduled commitments.
Dodge County 4-H Ambassador Program Overview & Application - Due by 4:30pm on October 24th, 2023
2023 Dodge County 4-H Ambassador Fulfillment of Duties - Due by 4:30pm on December 13, 2023