4-H Livestock Identification (Ownership Affidavits)
If you have any previous year ID sheets, discard them and only use the ones below.
After clarification, this is the 2016 process for 4H animal identifications:
- All Market Beef will be tagged at both beef weighdays with the new EID tags.
- Identification for County Fair only animals: the All-Flex ear tag will be used for feeder calves, market lambs, breeding sheep and meat goats. All registered and commercial breeding beef can be eartagged for County Fair (family tag). Heifers tagged as market may not be identified as breeding heifers. Bucket calves may I.D. using any eartag in the ear prior to June 1. Market hogs must be identified with ear notches in both ears which must agree with the I.D. sheet. All animals must be submitted on paper ID sheets (see below).
- Identification for State Fair and Ak-Sar-Ben 4-H and FFA animals: All Market animals - beef, sheep, feeder calves, and swine will need an EID tag and a DNA sample. Ak-Sar-Ben swine will also require ear notches on the DNA envelope. All (including ID sheets) submitted to the Dawson County Extension Office by the June 1 deadline. All Market Beef with DNA due by April 15 to Extension Office.
- Market Beef Weigh Days, and Sheep & Goat Weigh Days will continue as they have but 4-H families will need to advise which tags to use at that time (county tags or the EID tags). All 4-H & FFA market beef projects for County Fair must be identified by the February 13, 2016 date.
- Breeding animals for State Fair & Ak-Sar-Ben prior to the ID deadline must fill out a Nomination Card with the heifer's tattoo (and registration number if applicable). Breeding sheep and goats will need to have the scrapie tag number on the card. All registered and commercial breeding beef can be eartagged for County Fair (family tag). Dawson County Extension ID deadline is June 1st.
- State Fair & Ak-Sar-Ben Dairy still require paper ID's.
- Horse and Dairy Goat still require paper ID's.
Premises ID Brochure - Required
Exhibitors of 4-H & FFA market beef, swine, sheep and goats that carry an EID tag will be required to obtain a Premise ID number through the Nebraska Department of Agriculture at no cost to the exhibitor. Exhibitors without a Premises Identification number will not be allowed to exhibit at the Nebraska State Fair. After you have obtained it, call or email it to Sheryl Fellers here at the Extension Office at email@example.com or include it also on your market ID sheets.