2022 Holt/Boyd County 4-H Fair Regulation Book
Fair Forms and Information For Both Counties
Boyd County Fair
- Fair Dates - July 22-29, 2023 - Boyd County Fairgrounds, Spencer, Nebraska.
- 2022 Boyd County Fair Schedule
- Fair Theme - TBA
- DUE: Thursday, July 13 - Boyd County Fair Entries (Animal, Shooting Sports, and Static) by 11:59pm online. All 4-H and FFA entries will be made online by the families at https://boyd.fairwire.com/ Watch newsletter for date when this site opens for entries.
- DUE: Thursday, July 13 - Stalls/Pens/Cages Requests at this Qualtrics link - https://go.unl.edu/stallassignment
- DUE: Thursday, July 13 - Boyd County YQCA Certificates and Horse Levels completed and in Boyd County Extension Office
- DUE: Thursday, July 20 - Boyd County Bucket Calf, Bottle Lamb, and Bottle Goat Record Books - by 4:00 pm in Boyd County Extension Office or at Fair Set-Up Night. They will NOT be accepted after this date.
- Thursday, July 20 - Boyd County Fair Set-Up Night, 7:00pm, Boyd County Fairgrounds, Spencer
- Thursday, July 20 - Static Exhibit Tags ready to be picked up at Fair Set-Up Night
- Saturday, July 22 - Boyd County Fair Shooting Sports Fun Day and Competition (3D Archery), 2:00pm, Gross (Remember to wear official dress)
- Sunday, July 23 - Boyd County Fair Shooting Sports Contests, 2:00pm, Gross (Remember to wear official dress)
- Monday, July 24 - 4-H/FFA Building will be open for Booth Set-Up, 1:00 pm
- Tuesday, July 25 - Boyd County Booths MUST be Set-Up, 10:00 am
- Tuesday, July 25 - Boyd County Fair Entry Day for Static Exhibits (4-H, Clover Kid and FFA). All exhibits will be interview judged. (Remember to wear official dress)
- Clover Kid Exhibit Interviews - 9:00am - 10:00am
- 4-H and FFA Static Exhibit Interviews - All exhibitors need to be present by 10:00am
- Clover Kid Exhibits - East Door of Kitchen Building
- Floriculture, Horticulture, Field Crops, and Weed Exhibits - West Door Kitchen Building
- Citizenship, Heritage, Officer Reports, Posters, Workshop Exhibits, Safety, and Computer - East Door of Kitchen Building
- Photography, Foods, Human Development, Home Environment, Environmental and Earth Science, Science Engineering and Technology - North Doors of 4-H Building
- ALL tags and additional supporting information will NEED to be attached prior to check-in
- DO NOT Cross off/Change an entry tag. If you need a different tag, tell those working the check-in table and a new tag will be created. The only exception would be to the Generic Floriculture/Horticulture Tags where you will fill in the class number; class name; and variety name.
- Turn in ALL unused tags to the check-in table.
- Tuesday, July 25 - Family and Consumer Science Judging Contest and Horticulture Judging Contest - Open Class Building
- Wednesday, July 26 - Boyd County Fair Small Animal Show - 8:30am - Registration for ALL Small Animals with Dog Show beginning at 9:00am followed by Cats, Rabbits, Other Small Animals, Poultry and Waterfowl
- Wednesday, July 26 - Swine, Sheep, and Goat Vet Checks and Weigh-In - All animals must be vet checked BEFORE you unload your trailer.
- Thursday, July 27 - Swine Show followed by Sheep and Goat Shows, 9:00 am
- Thursday, July 27 - Bottle Lamb and Bottle Goat Interviews, 9:00am
- Thursday, July 27 - Check-In beginning at 5:00pm for Non-Lactating Dairy Cattle, Bucket Calves and Beef (excluding Stocker Feeders and Junior Breeding Heifers). All animals MUST be in place by 8:00 pm.
- Friday, July 28 - Check-In PRIOR to 9:00am for Lactating Dairy Cattle, Stocker Feeders and Junior Breeding Heifers
- Friday, July 28 - Dairy Show followed by Beef Show and Livestock Judging Contest, 9:00am. Livestock Families are reminded help is needed to change from the “Show Ring Set-up” to the “Bonus Auction Set-up” after the conclusion of the Livestock Judging Contest. ONLY Lactating Dairy will be released at the conclusion of the Beef Show.
- Friday, July 28 - Livestock Bonus Auction, 6:30pm. Livestock will be released at the conclusion of the auction. Livestock Families are reminded help is needed to tear down and clean up after the Bonus Auction.
- Saturday, July 29 - Horse Show, Registration at 8:45am with Show at 9:00am, Krieger Arena
- Saturday, July 29 - Photos, 2:00pm, 4-H/FFA Building (Remember to wear official dress)
- Saturday, July 29 - Static Exhibits Released with Tear-Down Immediately Following, 3:00pm
- Saturday, July 29 - Parade, 6:00pm
2022 BOYD COUNTY PARADE - Theme will be "Hometown Fun". Drop off parade form or mail to Head to Toe Glow, 109 S. Thayer St., Spencer NE 68777 by 2 pm Saturday, July 30. After 2 pm, hand form to superintendent in charge of lining up the parade. 2022 Boyd County Fair Parade Form
Holt County Fair
- Fair Dates - August 5-12, 2023 - Holt County Fairgrounds, Chambers, Nebraska.
- Holt County Fair Schedule
- 2023 Fair Theme - TBD
- Entry Day - All Static Exhibits (Clover Kid and 4-H) - Wednesday, August 9, 2023 from 9:00 am to 4:00 noon. All Static Exhibits will be interview judged.
- Holt County Fair Web Page