4-H empowers youth to reach their full potential working and learning in partnership with caring adults.
4-H is education for life that uses a learn-by-doing approach.
Active in all 93 counties and at 4h.unl.edu
2021 Open Horse Shows
June 19 - Buffalo County Horse Show
June 26 - Boot & Spurs Horse Show
2021 District Dates and Sites:
June 14 - Scottsbluff
June 15 - Burwell
June 16 - Columbus
June 17 - Lincoln
June 18 - McCook
All entries for the State and District Horse Show must be complted by May 7th, 2021.
As of January 1, 2017, the new FDA regulation for the Veterinary Feed Directive goes into effect. This regulation will effect all food producing animals no matter how large or small the operation and that includes youth livestock participants. There are a number of show feeds that contain feed grade antibiotics such as CTC or Tylosin. These type of products will require youth to work with their Veterinarian to obtain a signed VFD order before purchasing and feeding these feeds. So young producers should look at the feed labels of products they intend to feed prior to
Latest Updates from Statewide 4-H
- Nebraska 4-H hits the road with volunteer professional development
- Registration for the 2022 judge registration closes September 30th
- Entry for NEW State 4-H Rodeo closes on September 17th
- Launching Nebraska-nauts into the 4-C'able Future
- Download the 4-H at State Fair App
- 4-H Volunteers Needed for State Fair
- 4-H'ers Invited to Submit to the 2021 4-H Project Showcase
- State Fair Entry Open for 4-H Livestock Exhibitors and Contest Participants