If you have questions on any of the programs and events, please contact the Extension Office.
Knox County 4-H Summer Workshops
- Clover Kid Day Camp-June 7, 10 am-3 pm, Center (pre-register by May 26)
- Robotics & Drones Learnshop-June 13, 10 am-3 pm, Center (pre-register by June 6)
- Beyond the Needle Workshop-June 20, 10 am-3 pm, Center (pre-register by June 6)
- Entomology Workshop-June 21, 9 am-4 pm, Bazile Mills (pre-register by June 6)
- Wildlife Diorama Workshop-June 27, 9 am-12 noon or 12:30-3:30 pm (pre-register by June 6)
- Barn Quilt Workshop-June 27, 9 am-12 noon or 12:30-3:30 pm (pre-register by June 6)
- 4-H Project Day Workshop-June 30, 9:30 am - 3:30 pm (pre-register by June 6)
Awards & Recognition:
- Boone County Beef/Swine/Goat/Sheep-A-Rama - May 27-28, Boone County Fairgrounds, Albion
- South Central Spring Livestock Judging Clinic & Contest - June 1, 2017, Bladen
- 13th Annual Lively Livestock Jackpot Show (sheep, goat, swine) - June 3, 2017, York County Fairgrounds
- Cream of the Crop Dairy Cattle Show - June 3, 2017, Cuming County Fairgrounds, West Point
- South Central Livestock Expo (beef, sheep, goat)- June 3, 2017, Bladen
- Phelps-Gosper Beef & Sheep 4-H Progress Show - June 3, 2017, Holdrege
- Nebraska Livestock Judging Classic - June 9, 9 am, Buffalo Co. Fairgrounds
- 44th Annual Saline County Lamb & Meat Goat Show, Saturday, June 10, 2017, Saline County Fairgrounds, Crete
- Fun in the Sun Progress Beef Show - June 10, 2017, Sidney
- Hustler 4-H Progress Show (beef, sheep, swine, goats) - June 11, 2017, West Point (open to 4-H & FFA members)
- Deuel Co. Progress Show - June 11, 2017, Chappell
- Sheridan Co. Goat, Beef & Sheep Progress Show, Sunday, June 11, 2017, Gordon NE, entry form
- Platte County Swine Progress Show - Sunday, June 17, 2017
- Dawes Co. Goat, Beef & Sheep 4-H Progress Show - Saturday, June 17, 2017, Chadron
- The Final Drive Sheep & Goat Progres Show - Sunday, June 25 2017, Fillmore Co. Fairgrounds, Geneva
- Norfolk Beef Expo - September 9-10, 2017
- Spring Trail Challenge - May 27, 2017, 9 am, Maskenthine Recreation Area, Stanton County
- 4-H Horse Judging Contest - Wednesday, May 31, 2017, 8:30 am, Pitzer Ranch, Ericson
- Northeast NE 4-H Horse Show - Thursday, June 1, 2017, 4 pm, Near Homer NE
- 4-H Pre-Districts Clinic/Show/Fundraiser - Saturday, June, 8:30 am, Lancaster Event Center
- 4-H Horse Camp - June 8-10, 2017, Fort Robinson State Park, Crawford; Registration deadline is May 17, 2017; Registration Form
- Buckle Series Horse Show - June 10, 9 am, Harm & Tulleys Event Center, Bloomfield
- Perkins Co. Trail Riders 4-H Horse Show - June 17, 2017, Grant
- Bridle & Saddle 4-H & Open Horse Show - Saturday, June 24, 9 am, Weeping Water
- Chase County Classic 4-H Horse Show - June 24, 2017, 8 am , Imperial
- Commancheros Open Horse Show - July 29, 2017, 8:30 am, Bloomfield
- Trail Rider Challenge - September 16, 2017, Bloomfield
- AKSARBEN Horse Show - September 23-24, 2017, Fonner Park, Grand Island
Nebraska Pork Youth Conference "Makin' Bacon..and a WHOLE Lot More! - May 31-June 2, 2017 - Applications Due April 1
Nebraska Range Youth Camp - June 5-9, 2017, NE State 4-H Camp in Halsey (deadline for registrations is May 26)
Tractor Safety Training 2017 - June 19 & 20, 2017 at the Wayne Fairgrounds - All youth 14 and 15 years of age who work on a farm or ranch other than their parents MUST be certified through a Tractor Safety Course.
Papio Valley Market Broiler Show - June 24, 2017 - Springfield NE
Nebraska Agricultural Youth Institute (NAYI) - July 10-14, 2017, Lincoln - a 5 day conference for high school juniors and seniors to learn about career opportunities within agriculture. Application deadline is April 15, 2017.
Youth Crop Scouting Competition - August 1, 2017, ARDC, Mead NE - Youth will learn how to scout corn and soybeans; obtain knowledge that will be helpful in future agricultural careers; network with University and agricultural professionals. Registrations due by July 20.
Next Chapter Nebraska Event - a college-readiness program delivered through the Nebraska 4-H Program that helps 8th grade students prepare for and succeed in college by providing the skills students need to reach their academic goals. The closest Next Chapter event will be Monday, April 10, 2017 from 7-8 pm at the Lifelong Learning Center in Norfolk.
Culinary Challenge Contest - August 26, 2017, Nebraska State Fair - Demonstrate healthy decision making through nutrition, menu planning, food preparation, and food safety.
Nebraska Mystery Foods Event - October 21, 2017, Grand Island, NE