- Bicycle Road-E-O - Show off your bicycle skills & knowledge! Date: May 25, 2017 at 4:30 pm at the Extension office. Open to all Hall County 4-H'ers, age 5-18; pre-registration is required. Contact Melinda (308) 385-5088 for more information.
- Plant Science Contest - In 2017, Hall County will be hosting a Regional ID contest. This will be held Tuesday, June 13, 2017 at the Hall County Extension meeting room. Click the link above for more detailed information.
- Online Horticulture Judging Contest - Available June 9-19
- Ice Cream Roll (info & recipes) - Date: TBA (typically held in late June or early July) at the Fonner Park Cafe at Fonner Park, with starting times every half hour from 4:30 pm to 6:30 pm. Only 4-H’ers enrolled in the "Making Food for Me" or "Six Easy Bites" project and pre-registered may participate in the Ice Cream Roll. Call the Extension Office to pre-register and reserve a time. Arrive at the time slot you have selected to begin measuring, mixing and rolling. Please call Cami at (308) 385-5088 if you can help at the event.
- Culinary Challenge (formerly known as the Favorite Food Revue) - Date: TBA (typically held in late June or early July) at the Fonner Park Cafe at Fonner Park. The contest is open to any 4-H member enrolled in a Foods project. Each exhibit will consist of a theme (4-H member’s choice), a menu card, one food item prepared from the menu, recipe for the prepared food item, one or two place settings and a centerpiece. Call the Extension Office to pre-register. Please call Cami at (308) 385-5088 if you have any questions or can help at the event.
Hall County 4-H Fine Arts Night
(A Combination of Speech & Talent Contests)
Excited about 4-H? Express yourself verbally through the 4-H Public Speaking Contest or perform a talent at the 4-H Fine Arts Night. Gives youth the opportunity to write a Speech or a Public Service Announcement (PSA) that incorporates the topic of 4-H and deliver it to an audience. The 4-H Public Speaking Contest helps youth develop skills for communicating about current issues to real audiences, learn how to organize and prepare a speech, develop speech delivery skills, learn how to present themselves to others, and develop self-confidence.
Date: March 23, 2017 at 6:30 pm at College Park.
Hall County 4-H offers many different disciplines with certified 4-H Shooting Sports leaders. Check out all of the upcoming Hall County Shooting Sports events & leader information. All Hall County 4-H members who participate in practices and competitions must have completed the parental authorization in 4-H Online. If you have any questions, please call the Extension office at (308) 385-5088.
Upcoming Shows & Events in Nebraska: Horse, Livestock & Small Animal
- 29th - Stock Show University Fitting Clinic, Central City, NE - Registration
- 29th-30th - Patterns for Purpose Horse Clinic (pdf), Columbus, NE
- 4th - Hayes County 4-H & FFA Livestock Judging Contest, Hayes Center, NE
- 24th - NCTA Livestock Judging Camp (pdf), NE College of Technical Agriculture, Curtis, NE; Registration
- 25th - West Central Youth Animal Science Field Day (pdf), NE College of Technical Agriculture, Curtis, NE; Registration
- May 31st - June 2nd - Nebraska Youth Pork Conference, "Makin' Bacon....and a WHOLE lot more!"
- 1st - Northeast Nebraska 4-H Horse Show (pdf), Homer, NE
- 1st - South Central NE Spring Livestock Judging Clinic & Contest (pdf), Bladen, NE - Registration
- 3rd - South Central Livestock Exposition (beef, sheep & goats) (pdf), Bladen, NE - Entry Form
- 3rd - Phelps-Gosper Beef & Sheep 4-H Progress Show (pdf), Holdrege, NE
- 3rd - Phelps County 4-H Small Animal Progress Show (rabbits, poultry, companion animals) (pdf), Holdrege, NE
- 3rd - 13th Annual Lively Livestock Jackpot Show (sheep, goats, swine) (jpg), York, NE
- 3rd - West Central NE Spring Livestock Judging Clinic (pdf), North Platte, NE - Registration
- 4th - Loup Valley Conference 4-H Horse Show, Bartlett, NE
- 6th - Southern Plains Poultry Judging Clinic & Contest (pdf), Deshler, NE
- 6th-8th - Winners Unlimited Livestock Judging Camp-Session 1 (pdf), Lincoln, NE
- 8th-10th - 4-H Horse Camp (pdf), Fort Robinson State Park, Crawford, NE - Registration
- 9th - Nebraska Livestock Judging Classic (pdf), Kearney, NE
- 10th - First Annual Fun In The Sun - Beef Progress Show (pdf), Sidney, NE
- 11th - Deuel County Progress Show (beef, swine, sheep & goats) (pdf), Chappell, NE
- 11th - Sheridan County 4-H Progress Show (beef, sheep & goats) (pdf), Gordon, NE - Entry Form
- 11th - 4-H Regional Dairy Goat Show (pdf), Clay Center, NE
- 11th - Loup Valley Conference 4-H Horse Show, St. Paul, NE
- 12th-14th - Winners Unlimited Livestock Judging Camp-Session 2 (pdf), Lincoln, NE
- 17th - Dawes County 4-H Progress Show (beef, sheep & goats) (pdf), Chadron, NE
- 18th - Platte County Swine Progress Show (pdf), Columbus, NE
- 18th - Loup Valley Conference 4-H Horse Show, Loup City, NE
- 24th - Chase County Classic 4-H Horse Show (pdf), Imperial, NE - Entry Form
- 24th - 3rd Annual Papio Valley Broiler Show (pdf), Springfield, NE - Order chicks by April 14th.
- 25th - Loup Valley Conference 4-H Horse Show, Albion, NE
- 9th - Loup Valley Conference 4-H Horse Show, Ord, NE
*More events added as we become aware of them.