- Bicycle Road-E-O - Show off your bicycle skills & knowledge! Date: May 25, 2017 at 4:30 pm at the Extension office. Open to all Hall County 4-H'ers, age 5-18; pre-registration is required. Contact Melinda (308) 385-5088 for more information.
- Plant Science Contest - In 2017, Hall County will be hosting a Regional ID contest. This will be held Tuesday, June 13, 2017 at the Hall County Extension meeting room. Click the link above for more detailed information.
- Online Horticulture Judging Contest - Available June 9-19
- Ice Cream Roll (info & recipes) - Date: July 6, 2017 at the Fonner Park Cafe at Fonner Park, with starting times every half hour from 4:30 pm to 6:30 pm. Only 4-H’ers enrolled in the "Making Food for Me" or "Six Easy Bites" project and pre-registered may participate in the Ice Cream Roll. Call the Extension Office to pre-register and reserve a time. Arrive at the time slot you have selected to begin measuring, mixing and rolling. Please call Cami at (308) 385-5088 if you can help at the event.
- Culinary Challenge (formerly known as the Favorite Food Revue) - Date: July 6, 2017 at the Fonner Park Cafe at Fonner Park. The contest is open to any 4-H member enrolled in a Foods project. Each exhibit will consist of a theme (4-H member’s choice), a menu card, one food item prepared from the menu, recipe for the prepared food item, one or two place settings and a centerpiece. Call the Extension Office to pre-register. Please call Cami at (308) 385-5088 if you have any questions or can help at the event.
Hall County 4-H Fine Arts Night
(A Combination of Speech & Talent Contests)
Excited about 4-H? Express yourself verbally through the 4-H Public Speaking Contest or perform a talent at the 4-H Fine Arts Night. Gives youth the opportunity to write a Speech or a Public Service Announcement (PSA) that incorporates the topic of 4-H and deliver it to an audience. The 4-H Public Speaking Contest helps youth develop skills for communicating about current issues to real audiences, learn how to organize and prepare a speech, develop speech delivery skills, learn how to present themselves to others, and develop self-confidence.
Date: March 23, 2017 at 6:30 pm at College Park.
Hall County 4-H offers many different disciplines with certified 4-H Shooting Sports leaders. Check out all of the upcoming Hall County Shooting Sports events & leader information. All Hall County 4-H members who participate in practices and competitions must have completed the parental authorization in 4-H Online. If you have any questions, please call the Extension office at (308) 385-5088.
Upcoming Shows & Events in Nebraska: Horse, Livestock & Small Animal
- 23rd - Canine Companions for Life - Nebraska 4-H Dog Expo, Hastings, NE
- 30th - Household Pet Fest, Lincoln, NE
- 21st - 4-H Rabbit Clinic (pdf), Lincoln, NE
- 23rd - University of Nebraska Animal Science Open House, Lincoln, NE
*More events added as we become aware of them.