What is a Project?
A project is simply a topic, or subject, the member wants to explore. The member will focus on increasing his knowledge and skills on this topic during the year.
How do I pick a Project?
2017 NEBRASKA PROJECT RESOURCE CENTRAL describes projects in greater detail as well as age levels, etc.
NEW: Web-based 4-H Pick Your Project Application that contains the same 4-H project information as found in the downloadable Project Resource Guide, but now available in an interactive, searchable format!
Since, for many the goal is to show their projects at the fair, reviewing the fair guidelines can inspire project ideas. Watch for the upcoming 2017 Fremont Fair book (online only) and the 2017 Dodge County Fair Book (hard copy and online).
PREMIERE 4-H SCIENCE AWARD: All Nebraska State Fair static exhibits in ANY curriculum area that successfully incorporates or demonstrates 4-H Science (science, technology, engineering, or applied math) will be recognized with a certificate attached to the exhibit and up to 20 of the top 4-H Science exhibits will receive a $100 cash award sponsored by the Nebraska 4-H Foundation
2017 DATES & DEADLINES Dodge County 4-H Horse Program
2017 FOR LEADERS 4-H Member Checklist
ID SHEET 4-H Horse Identification Certificate
2017 ID SHEET CHECKLIST 4-H Horse Identification Certificate (ID Sheet)
2017 LEVEL TESTING REQUIREMENTS 4-H Horsemanship
2017 STATE & DISTRICT 4-H HORSE SHOW ENTRY (DUE FRIDAY, MAY 5, 2017)
2017 ENTRY FORM PROCEDURES State & District 4-H Horse Show
2017 ENTRY FORM State & District 4-H Horse Show
2017 AFFIDAVIT 2-3 Year Old Western Pleasure (same as 2014)
2017 FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS State & District 4-H Horse Show
2017 INFORMATION District Horse Show
2017 MAP District 4-H Horse Shows
- 2017 Wayne Distric Horse Show
2017 SCHEDULE District 4-H Horse Shows
2016 RULES & REGULATIONS 4-H Horse Judging Contest
2016 ENTRY FORM 4-H Horse Judging Contest (DUE: Tuesday, June 17, 2016 by 4:30 pm to the Nebraska Extension - Dodge County Office)
2017 RULES & REGULATIONS 4-H Hippology Contest
(DUE: Thursday, June 15, 2017 by 4:30 pm to the Nebraska Extension - Dodge County Office)
2016 ENTRY FORM, JUNIOR DIVISION 4-H Hippology Contest
2016 ENTRY FORM, SENIOR DIVISION 4-H Hippology Contest
DRESS CODE State & District 4-H Horse Show
WHAT TO EXPECT District 4-H Horse Show
2017 STATE 4-H HORSE SHOW
2017 INFORMATION State 4-H Horse Expo
2017 SCHEDULE State 4-H Horse Show
2017 EXHIBITOR INSTRUCTIONS State 4-H Horse Show (soon to be updated)
2017 CAMPER HOOKUP NOTICE State 4-H Horse Show (soon to be updated)
For more updated information, go to ANSC EXTENSION 4-H HORSE PROGRAM .
|BEEF, DAIRY CATTLE, GOATS, RABBITS, SHEEP & SWINE|
- 2017 County Bred & Fed Market Steer Affidavit
- 2017 Livestock Project Member INFORMATIONAL LETTER
- 2017 4-H Online Member Enrollment INSTRUCTIONS
- 2016 Dodge County 4-H Program DEADLINES
- 2017 Livestock Identification PROCEDURES
- 2017 Quality Assurance (QA) Certification
- Livestock Identification.
- 2017 BEEF - Dodge County 4-H/FFA County Bred & Fed Market Steer Affidavit
- 2017 Market Beef Identification Affidavits (hard copy) to be completed and submitted by Family to the Nebraska Extension Office, Fremont by APRIL 14
- 2017 Identification Affidavits (hard copy) to be completed and submitted by Family to the Nebraska Extension Office, Fremont by JUNE 15
- –Bucket Calf Record Books
In 2001 the U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) announced an accelerated program to eradicate scrapie in the nation's sheep herds and goat flocks. This program is succeeding, but, to meet the goal of substantially eradicating the disease by the end of 2010, the cooperation of sheep and goat producers everywhere is needed.
|SMALL ANIMAL PROJECTS|
SMALL ANIMAL PROJECTS - GENERAL
COMPANION ANIMAL PROJECT
Project includes gerbils, hamsters, guinea pigs, ferrets, mice/rats, pet rabbits*, other mammals, tropical fish, reptile/amphibians, and caged birds-- excluding pigeons and poultry; * rabbit cannot ALSO be shown in Rabbit Show) 2016 - Limit 3 Companion Animals per exhibitor.
Communications & Expressive Arts
- Taking Action Shots (Photography)
- 26 Photography How-Tos
- Top 10 Tips for Great Pictures
- Photography Letter Ideas
- Photography Data Tags
Environmental Education & Earth Science
- 4-H Entomology Guide for County & State Fair Judges, Insect Collections, Classes I-III
- 4-H Entomology Guide for County & State Fair Judges, Special Interest Displays, Class IV
- Additional Nebraska 4-H Entomology Project Resources
Family & Consumer Sciences
- STEM Sewing Skills
- Sewing Projects for Kids
- Home Environment Supporting Information
- 10 Simple-to-Sew Totes, Purses & Bags
- Green Crafts! Going Green!
- Do I have What it Takes to Be Your Babysitter?
- Things to consider on all Home Environment Exhibits
Healthy Lifestyles Education
- 2017 State Fair Food Event The 2017 challenge ingredient is dried beans, peas, and lentils.
- Fun with 4-H Foods
- Making Cents: DIY (Do It Yourself) Foods for Individuals and Families - pdf 518 k
- Kids a Cookin'
- Cake Decorating Ideas
- What kind of Cake would You like to Make?
- Wilton Cake Decorating
- Cake Decorating Corner
- My Pyramid for Kids
- Nutrition Games
- 2012 Judges Training - Foods
- Safety Static Exhibit Tips
Leadership & Citizenship
- Selecting & Preparing Vegetables, Herbs and Fruits for Exhibit at County Fairs and the Nebraska State Fair
- Preparing Cut Flowers for County Fair and The Nebraska State Fair