Washington County 4-H Horse Project Letter
2019 WASHINGTON COUNTY 4-H HORSE PROJECT DEADLINES
All paperwork MUST be submitted to the Nebraska Extension in Washington County Office by set deadline.
FRIDAY, MAY 10 DEADLINE
4-H HORSE PROJECT MEMBERS ENTERING STATE & DISTRICT HORSE SHOWS
FRIDAY, MAY 31 DEADLINE
4-H HORSE PROJECT MEMBERS NOT ENTERING STATE & DISTRICT HORSE SHOWS
MONDAY, JULY 1 DEADLINE
4-H HORSE PROJECT MEMBERS ENTERING FREMONT 4-H FAIR
FRIDAY, JULY 19 DEADLINE
4-H HORSE PROJECT MEMBERS ENTERING WASHINGTON COUNTY FAIR 4-H HORSE SHOW
2019 Nebraska District 4-H Horse Shows
FOR MORE INFORMATION, GO TO: http://4h.unl.edu/horse/district-shows
The District 4-H Horse Shows are opportunities for youth to demonstrate their skills and abilities with their horse at district level competition. There are five shows held across the state and youth may participate in any one of the five regardless of their county 4-H enrollment or residence. 4-H'ers must have passed Horsemanship Advancement Level II (http://4h.unl.edu/horse/advancement/level-ii) by May 10, 2019 in order to participate at a district show. District classes are held as qualifiers for corresponding classes at the State 4-H Horse Expo (https://4h.unl.edu/horse/state-expo).
District show classes include: Hunter Under Saddle, Western Pleasure, Hunt Seat Equitation, Western Horsemanship, Reining, Barrels, and Poles.
- Be sure to enter ALL District and State Horse Show classes at one time - including halter and showmanship!
- Entry Form must be signed and submitted with fees by the MAY 10 DEADLINE
- Horse Identification Sheets must be complete and submitted by the MAY 10 DEADLINE
- Horsemanship levels (for classes that you have entered) must be passed and all paperwork submitted by the MAY 10 DEADLINE
- All State Exhibitors must ride the same horse at State that they qualified with at Districts
- Exhibitors may show at any one of the five District shows. However, Washington County exhibitors are strongly encouraged to enter/compete in the June 10 show in Bloomfield, Nebraska.
- Level II English classes with trophies will be offered at ALL District Shows.
- District shows start at 9:00 a.m. with check-in between 8:00 a.m. and 8:30 a.m.
- June 10 - Bloomfield (Washington County Assignment)
- June 11 - Elkhorn
- June 12 - Ord
- June 13 - Ogallala
- June 14 - McCook